Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per title I am about 99% sure my ecm is fried and I'm not sure where
to look for a replacement? I have read quite afew horror stories about remans
out of florida.I'm not sure if I should say the company name or not.
Dodge want's $1700 with tax for not a new one ,but a reman aswell.Does anyone have any advise they could give?Or share their experience with used or remans?
Thank's

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
have you checked you local junkyards? Then you could just take it into dodge and have them re-flash it if need be.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant find 1 anywhere in Canada.There must be a bad spot on the board somewhere,so a trip to dodge IMO is a waste of time,and money.Every dodge service department I have dealt with so far has been full of idiot's.The first time I had my truck to dodge,I thought I had ecm problems (almost 2 years ago)They said the MAP,AIT,APPS and the turbo was causing the problems I was having.And in the end it was the ECM.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Check price at other Dodge dealers, and at the Parts Department, not the service dept.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The local dodge part's departments I have contacted were all within afew bucks of eachother $1700 is way way too much for me.I can get a reman from Autocomputer exchange for about $600 ,but I've heard good and bad stories.:confused013:

·
Dano01
89 Posts
Is the one u need on the fire wall or on the side of the block? i have mixed up which one is which.

·
Dano01
89 Posts
Well i work at auto salvag yard for my father in law and i think i might be able to locate one.ill check tommorrow at work but in the mean time go to car-part.com.that is a registry for salvage yards u might find one there alot cheaper than a dealer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a guy in Calgary(close to me)That has an 02 six speed truck,but he said he would call me right back with the part# off of his to make sure it is the same as my stock 1.That was 5 day's ago,So my search continues.
Thank's for the replies guy's.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
did you contact a cummins bridgeway? when i installed my edge juice/attitude i "thought" it fried my ecm so i had it towed there and they said a pin in the wire harness came loose and charged me $50. it was a huge relief. but to this day i have no idea how a connector pin came loose from installing my edge. And funny thing is i send the edge module to edge and they said it had a faulty resistor

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dodge parts department said there was 2 different ecm's for an 02 six speed?
I could not for sure agree or disagree.My part # is 3947912

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have taken apart many of the underhood connections,cleaned and reassembled.
Took off almost every ground and done the same.I have P0606,0123,0122,0133 and more for codes,I never wrote down the last couple.My temp gauge is also all over the place,it goes from 0 to red line in a matter of a second then back to normal.
That's what makes me quite sure it's the ecm.(I've read simmilar threads)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Try hitin up the classified ads I have found lots of guys with them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
my body's truck needed a ecu dodge wanted 450 for a new one and cummings reflashed his for $200. I know the pcm cost 1400.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put a salvage one on my 98.5 and been good since but next to impossible to find for 98.5 cause that ECM was made that 6 mnths only I burnt my first one up by 200 amp engine start charger learned the hard way!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry if I missed this but how do you know its completely fried? I've heard (from a very experienced professional mobile diagnostic man) of shorted sensors throwing crazy codes and problems. I'm not saying that's definately the problem but its a possibility. Try to unplug different sensors one at a time and try starting it. Just something to try before shelling out the dough. Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I checked the voltage coming out of the APPS and it raises and lowers consistently,
with no dead spots,ect.When I start it and DONT touch the throttle it sometimes rev's
itself up like I'm pumping the pedal,I've got 10 codes and all of the wiring and sensors
"appear" to be fine.the temp gauge is sometimes all over the place as well.
I'm gona assume it's the ecm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts