Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hard to deal with dealership that I am working with and they want to charge me to do the latest flash on my truck. They will only do it under warranty if there has been a check engine light. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems like this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Don't know if this will help but for the last flash my service writer wrote down that I said I had white smoke on start up. They have to have a reason also. So he usually gives me one.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You can unplug a harness on the egr, then start it up. Shut it down and plug it back in then you will have a cel. It will not effect driveability and you will have your reason.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
You can also tell them you are getting a surge while driving. That is a known issue for a flash.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My dealership is the same way. The reflash is supposed to fix certain problems and if you can't demonstrate you're having one of those problems, no reflash for you. I think they are actually following Dodge servicing protocols. Basically plug in the starscan and do whatever it says.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealership just flashed my 08 with the AP flash did it for free only had truck since end of Jan 08

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can unplug a harness on the egr, then start it up. Shut it down and plug it back in then you will have a cel. It will not effect driveability and you will have your reason.
Can't the dealer detect that it was unplugged? Where is it located? Pics?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
look at the EGR delete instructions w/ Pics and you will see what he is talking about. Brown Plug on right hand side of the engine where the Crossover pipe is.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
THey have to flash your truck if you go up there asking for it. Thats what they are Updates to correct there issues. The is horrible that you have to deal with that at the dealer. Contact costumer service for DC and complain. That is crap. Keeping the Man Down

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
The dealer has to have a reason to give to Chrysler to get paid for doing a flash. Most dealers already have a reason ready when someone comes in for a flash. Not all dealers will lie for you, you have to do it yourself, LOL

·
Registered
145 Posts
look at the EGR delete instructions w/ Pics and you will see what he is talking about. Brown Plug on right hand side of the engine where the Crossover pipe is.
The dealer or their computer can't tell if it was disconnected?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts