Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

EBC rotors & pads, anyone running them ?

683 2
I just read a post about a gentleman running the pads.. Anyone have the rotors on there truck ?

Also, I have a 4X4 3500... after removing the front wheels, do the disc slide right off... or do you have to tear into the four wheel drive to get the disc rotors off ?

I have an old Toyota 4runner 4X4 and when removing the disc you have to remove the whole wheel / hub assembly.. Everything hanging off the A-arms.... I thought it was going to be an hour or two job...... took two days... :shock: :hehe:

Thanks guys
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Never heard of having to remove the entire hub assembly to remove the rotor. The rotors on our trucks appear to come off like any disc brake setup, remove the caliper, and the rotor is then free to come off.

I too am interested in the EBC, I have read good stuff about them. Almost sound too good to be true.

· Registered
155 Posts
I don't have 'em on my diesel, but I put dimpled and slotted rotors and Greenstuff pads front and rear on my wife's '04 Durango. They're phenomenal. I had gone through 3 sets of stock replacement rotors and as many sets of pads 'cause we live on top of a small mountain and she rides the brakes down the hill. I also tow with it every now and then. To date I've got more miles on the EBC stuff than all the other sets of stock stuff combined. No warping and less dust.

The low heat (normal braking) performance is very similar to stock stuff, but if you're pulling a long stop, as the pads heat up you start to feel an exponential increase in braking power. Instead of getting weaker, they start grabbing better. Takes some getting used to, but at least on her vehicle the investment was well worth it.

You'll need to remove the calipers and caliper brackets, but the rotors should slide off after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.