Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Easy Drive pressure guage & sensor install

18194 45
This is where I tapped in , took 45 minutes and a small test drive and it was all done . also a picture of the pillar and console mount . total cost for fittings , brake line and a cup of coffee was under $10.00

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
What size is that Tee fitting?

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The T-fitting is a 1/8npt thread and all tubes are 1/4inch line

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For added heat dissipation but I doubt its really necessary , the sensor cannot exceed 250* Fahrenheit . Thank you all for the input . I have gotten a lot out of this truck site just wanted to give a little back

· Registered
586 Posts
did you just buy a drive pressure guage? and whats that port on the side of the thermastate for?

· Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
12,391 Posts
I kind of figured that. I guess Cummins was thinking about the heat when they mounted their pressure sensor on the radiator hose neck as well.
yessir, nothing like a big ole' cooling fin right by the fan to help that out.

· Registered
3,180 Posts
Exactly what I did, I couldn't find the right tee fitting so I got a reducing coupling and a 90 can't see it tho behind my manifold..

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did you just buy a drive pressure guage? and whats that port on the side of the thermastate for?
Yes I bought it from isspro , they have a huge variety but most vendors just list the basic ones , the port is a pressure sensor of some sort don't know exactly what it does

Ok this might be a really stupid question but could I just tap into one of the egr cooler plates?
Yes you could but you need enough line length for it to cool down enough as to not bugger the sensor up

· Registered
1,816 Posts
This is where I tapped in , took 45 minutes and a small test drive and it was all done . also a picture of the pillar and console mount . total cost for fittings , brake line and a cup of coffee was under $10.00
Yep, that is how I did mine as well.

This is the best way IMHO. definantly one of the cleanest.

I used all stainless with swagelok fittings.

Nice job!

:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,816 Posts
I do believe that is the drive pressure sender that is used to monitor DP for the exhaust brake.

· Registered
586 Posts
so do i still need something in the port on the thermostat? iv just got it open now

Reactions: BOOOST

· Banned
57 Posts
I bought a liquid filled gauge for 11.95 its available at any tractor parts, napa, hydraulic store etc.

0-100psi.

I just tapped into the plate with a 1/8 npt then went to a 1/4 brake line coiled then copper like to a oil psi gauge into the truck.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
so do i still need something in the port on the thermostat? iv just got it open now
So you took the Factory sender out of the T-stat fitting? The one at the end of the stainless tubing from the exhaust manifold? Did you plug the hole or leave it open?

I would put that factory sender back in. I can't think of any reason to take it out.

· Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yes you absolutly do , just tie into it like I did . It still must function as its suppose to

I didn't realize that the 6.7L added a factory drive pressure sensor. I'll have to add a reference in the instructions for the ISSPRO Exhaust Backpressure Gauge.

Regards,
Michael Pliska
Michael hello...........nice to see you here

· Registered
586 Posts
i dont have the manifold on there i put a turbo and new manifold on there. dint have anywere to put it so left it open

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.