Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question, but what is the easiest way to tell your 4x4 is engaged and working properly? The light in the dash is burned out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
if you are on any hard suface you will feel it. mine you can hear go in and out its pretty easy to tell. if mine is in between it is like being in nuetral.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels like it gripping more and when I let off the gas it de-accelerates harder, like you are appplying the brakes (if that makes sense)

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,435 Posts
I agree, and it shouldnt be to hard to tell. I can hear mine engage, and then it lugs a little bit, if you are not giving it very much gas.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
turn the wheel while driving th kinda hops, its a pretty choppy turn

·
Registered
708 Posts
yep you can"t do a donut in the parking lot

·
Registered
101 Posts
turn the wheel while driving th kinda hops, its a pretty choppy turn
Thats the one.:thumbsup

Your not able to pull off a smooth left or right turn with out feeling your truck "bucking".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a vacuum line came off and was replaced and now there is no question it is in 4x4. Thanks for the responses.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Drive on hard surface (concrete), it's more than obvious....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced my vacuum switch (top of x-case) swapped front shift assy. (used one) and still had 4x4 issues. I suspected a vacuum leak so I siliconed all connections and it was OK for a while. When it started to act up again I heard a hissing noise under truck right after I shut it off. Once again vacuum leaks. The fix was to spend the measly $35. for a complete mopar vacuum harness. Learn from my 3 months of chasing problems and getting stuck!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
have a buddy look at your front diff yoke to see if it is turning while you drive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts