Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered one from the dealer today, should be here tomorrow. $99 :$:

Will post pics and results... I've had this truck for 13 mo. 43k and I'm just now gettin my exhaust brake, :hyper:

Anyone else with an early 07 done this?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
no but I am interested. Do you have the Part Number so I can order one too?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no but I am interested. Do you have the Part Number so I can order one too?
No part # yet... I know where there is a white dually box for your truck... but it's in Ohio.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
No part # yet... I know where there is a white dually box for your truck... but it's in Ohio.
hmmm...price? I am still missing a passenger side fender and tailgate for the one I have. Once I locate those parts I can paint it, but factory paint would be alot better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the installation of the kit complete, now I just need enable the e brake w/ starscan.

What was the walmart code reader and does it have the e brake enable option?

I'm trying to avoid any dealer work... I DON'T WANT ANY FLASHES.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Got the installation of the kit complete, now I just need enable the e brake w/ starscan.

What was the walmart code reader and does it have the e brake enable option?

I'm trying to avoid any dealer work... I DON'T WANT ANY FLASHES.
Spill the beans!!! Part number on the exhaust brake kit and where do we get it from???

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
part # 82211189 BRAKE KIT N 1090026
LIST PRICE $108.90 From dealer next day.

The kit includes:

Wiring harness- plugs into power outlet plug (behind dash) to eb button (behind dash) through the backside of the panel to your pedals into a 72 way wiring harness, then through the firewall to a 43 way main wiring harness. The metal wire connectors can be a [email protected]! I spliced mine.

EB switch/button w/dash housing, I lost a cubby hole.

Oh yeah...detailed 40 step instructions illustrations only.

Step 30 something... enable e-brake with starscan tool... I dont have one:CRY:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just ordered one from the dealer today, should be here tomorrow. $99 :$:

Will post pics and results... I've had this truck for 13 mo. 43k and I'm just now gettin my exhaust brake, :hyper:

Anyone else with an early 07 done this?
I HAD A JAKE INSTALLED IN MY 5.9 2007 4X4 AUTO 50000MI. AND DO 1000MI TRIPS TO MEX ON TWO LANE ROADS IN AND OUT OF THE MOUNTAINS AND THE JAKE IS A GOD SENT. LOTS OF BRAKING NEEDED AND I FLIP ON THE JAKE 30% OF THE TIME AND DON'T NEED TO USE BRAKES. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE EBRAKE WITH NO PROBLEMS.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I HAD A JAKE INSTALLED IN MY 5.9 2007 4X4 AUTO 50000MI. AND DO 1000MI TRIPS TO MEX ON TWO LANE ROADS IN AND OUT OF THE MOUNTAINS AND THE JAKE IS A GOD SENT. LOTS OF BRAKING NEEDED AND I FLIP ON THE JAKE 30% OF THE TIME AND DON'T NEED TO USE BRAKES. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE EBRAKE WITH NO PROBLEMS.
6.7's have a VGT, it's already in the turbo I just needed to hook up the wiring in the cab to operate it, and in the computer to recognise it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked mine up in June 07 and had the brake. Drag a Cat 416 backhoe around and the brake is the ticket...I can't imagine pulling anything without now especially serious weight. It will slow that load down at a nice steady pace and I know it's saving my brakes. You'll love the control in the Tow/Haul mode on the downshift..it is the best feature on the truck.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
thanks for the info, I am going to order one!

·
Registered
867 Posts
did all the early 07s come without exaust brakes?...mine dosnt have :O(

and the kit for the e brake...whats that all about..link will work

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
E-brake on :beer

This is a totally different truck now. The turbo whine is really loud even stock. Use the towhaul and the EB WOW!!! Almost don't need a brake pedal.

Kit from dealer $99
2 hr installation
(Wires in connector boxes 1hr delay, use the right tool, or splice)
Starscan enabling 40$

Sounds sweet!!!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
glad to hear that! I need to go order mine!

·
Registered
867 Posts
will look into mine tommorow when l have the high idle feature enabled....cant belive lve left it so long as well :O(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts