Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to pick up some eagle alloy series 079's at a good price. does anyone have these on their truck and if so can you post some pictures? I have seen them yet but they were only used for two weeks then taken off.

· Registered
125 Posts
I would jump on that cause my rims were back ordered for 2 months.

Eagle 079 20x9 -12mm offset and 4.5 backspacing on Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.50r20

Still waiting on correct center caps, their back ordered.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the ones i'll be getting. the black with the chrome spokes. Mine will just be 17s though. But Those look really good. $450 for two week old rims ain't bad right? I looked them up and they are worth about 650 new i think

· Registered
125 Posts
Those are the ones i'll be getting. the black with the chrome spokes. Mine will just be 17s though. But Those look really good. $450 for two week old rims ain't bad right? I looked them up and they are worth about 650 new i think
Yep thats a good deal, even better is that you can actually get them and not wait....it was so hard to just sit there and look at the Nittos for 2 months and no rims:banghead:

Just make sure you post pics of before and after!:thumbsup:

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that would suck. haha. but yeah I will for sure. Should be gettin them put on this weekend.

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got [email protected]#%ed over by firestone this weekend, they sold my tires out from under me so now I'm waiting on tires. :banghead: I was wrong on the rims they are 197's i believe. Think i'm going with 305 terra graps:party018:

· Registered
408 Posts
here are black 197's

· Registered
17 Posts
Ya those rims are sweet, and you can't beat the price. I had been looking at the 18's at rimzoneonline.com and I think they are 167.50 a piece, so 670 for a set. I called the local tire barn just out of curiosity and found out eagle alloy is runnin them on special right now for $125 a wheel, so 500 for a set of 18's. I jumped on that and ordered em, that price includes center caps but no lug nuts (buck a piece more). But for 450, u might as well get them and save the hassle of ordering them. Ill post up some pics as soon as I get them on tomorrow!

· Registered
125 Posts
Well I got [email protected]#%ed over by firestone this weekend, they sold my tires out from under me so now I'm waiting on tires. :banghead: I was wrong on the rims they are 197's i believe. Think i'm going with 305 terra graps:party018:
Those are still sweet rims, can't wait to see them!

· Registered
17 Posts
Hey i finally got the 197's on. Here's a couple pics to give you a better idea what they look like on a truck. 18's on 35's with trail grapplers

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey i finally got the 197's on. Here's a couple pics to give you a better idea what they look like on a truck. 18's on 35's with trail grapplers

Dam that's a sharp truck buddy. I ended up only getting 33's because lifting my truck is not an option right now. I get them put on tomorrow. :party018::party018:

· Registered
408 Posts
bromac hate to burst your bubble but you might have to still put one on with these wheels cuase 4.5 backspacing is all that i belive the wheels come in

· Registered
125 Posts

Damn I like that, makes me wish my truck was black!:drool2:

· Registered
17 Posts
bromac hate to burst your bubble but you might have to still put one on with these wheels cuase 4.5 backspacing is all that i belive the wheels come in
You are right the wheels only offer one backspacing option (4.63) and they stick out a couple inches. I have a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit and my 35's rubbed a bit. All I had to do was round off a tiny bit of the sharp lip at the bottom of the wheel well and now have full range of steering.

Dam that's a sharp truck buddy. I ended up only getting 33's because lifting my truck is not an option right now. I get them put on tomorrow. :party018::party018:
Thanks a lot its a work in progress!:thumbsup:

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got them put on this morning!:party018:

Before

After

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow. It came out to the field with me today afterwards so it is a little dirty. They don't rub at all from what I can tell. The one thing I would have changed is have them mount the blackwalls out but my brother took it to get them mounted and I forgot to tell him to do that. Oh well minor detail. I do have a problem though. The hub caps have three allen head screws that hold them on but there are a couple that are stripped out inside the rim, thats why the front hub cap is not on. Would it be possible to take a self tapper and screw it in instead? Or maybe any other ideas?

· Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Finally got the chance to snap a better picture. I am very pleased with how it looks.

· Registered
125 Posts
I like it, you will just need to change it from white walls to black like you mentioned...nice rig man. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts