Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious as to how many people have tried this on the cab-chassis. I took my intake off and almost passed out when I saw how much soot was in there. Here we are all worried about what Air-filter to use and spending hundreds of dollars on getting clean air to the motor, and then you look in the intake and see all the black soot in there. If you rub it in your hands it feels like fine sand-paper. What is that doing to our cylinder walls???
Are these motors going to make it to 3-500,000 miles?
Im in the process of making some block off plates and was just wondering if my truck is going to knock or buck like some of the pick-ups did...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I took my egr off, putt the plates just like in the pics on this web-site, but left everything pugged in. So far I have not had one cel light come on. Im going on a 300 mile trip tomm. and will check my fuel milage...It seems to be more responsive from take off..

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
How did you leave everything plugged in? sandwich the plates?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Sandwiched the Plates and It looks Stock. The Cab-chassis must not have as many sensors as the pickups do. There is one in the cross over tube, the only sensor I see on my truck. Then there is a plug to the egr and the plug to the butterfly throttle. My truck doesnt have the nox thing on it.
I put 300 miles today on it pulling a trailer with 13,000# and no cel light so far. My mileage is 2.5 mpg better than it has ever been with that much weight behind it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
hmmmm...let us know how its working out...this is something lm gona have to look at on my c&c

·
Registered
187 Posts
yes, indeed, i want to delete my EGR as well, hmm... maybe next weekend, theres no time to waste when you see all the soot in the intake.

·
Registered
867 Posts
bump.......and?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My truck has it off and the cooler as well. I do have soft codes, but the performance is fine. I ordered my plates from K2 and trying to insall the parts back on top with the plates proved impossible due to the shroud. I did get the valve back on and plugged it in but it didn't take away the codes. Don't have the crossover plugged in. Don't really care about the codes after seeing the black pile of soot that came out of that valve when it hit the garage floor. Significant increase in mileage from before. I don't know what flash I have...I took delivery last july and it's never been in the shop if that tells you anything.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I Sandwiched the Plates and It looks Stock. The Cab-chassis must not have as many sensors as the pickups do. There is one in the cross over tube, the only sensor I see on my truck. Then there is a plug to the egr and the plug to the butterfly throttle. My truck doesnt have the nox thing on it.
I put 300 miles today on it pulling a trailer with 13,000# and no cel light so far. My mileage is 2.5 mpg better than it has ever been with that much weight behind it.
did you do the dpf delete ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
egr gone

Removed the egr yesterday... truck feels great, sounds good.

Removal was fairly simple, except for stripping a butterly valve screw, drilling it out, then slicing my hand yankin that thing out...that thing is sharp!!

Diy block off plates...free

egr & dpf removal under $60

Gotta love this cab & chassis :woot:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
looks good! I need to do this!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Everybody does, your truck will thank you :thumbsup

so I looked at the EGR Blocker kit and it doesn't look like this. I am guessing the C&C has a different EGR setup?

so to install a EGR delete kit I need to custom fab a plate then use a round plate to block off the hose?

·
Registered
475 Posts
That's what I did, but I made one plate instead of two, more simple.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
ok, got it! And what about the harness that plugs into the EGR? Just unplug it and leave it?

·
Registered
475 Posts
yep, but make sure when you take the flap out of the intake you have the right size bit. I stripped one out and had to drill it then pull it out... careful it's sharp! I should have ordered the round plate from K2 it took 3 trys to make, but saved shipping time.

If you have the right tools and plates in hand this is a very simple procedure and should take under an hour to do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts