Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dyno video of my other ride plug in the good speakers!

1400 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  dirtydeeds
I wanted more power and better sound! I found it and have proof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice truck, what is all done to the truck as far as suspension and motor modifications?
Long arm and coil overs with triple bypasses up front, sua and 3.0 triple bypasses in rear. electric fan with K&N drop in filter and Full length Long Tube Headers and custom H-Pipe leading to DirtyDeedsIndustries mufflers.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badass truck! I would like to build a pre-runner sometime down the road.

However those mufflers are a bit too raspy, but I have heard worse.
ya the muffs are a bit raspy, it does sound pretty good though. These were completely hand built. I drilled the perforations on a drill press and packed them with Pink Panther insulation. You could smell the pink panther burning off for the first couple days.

The main goal in making the muffs was to see if I could. I can, and it's pretty entertaining so I'm gonna keep doing it! A bunch of my friends have asked me to build them muffs so I've ordered 20' of 5 inch tubing, 20' of stainless steel perforated tubing, and 25' of ceramic packing. I'm gonna make a bunch of these!

The ceramic won't burn away, and the perforated tubing is like 40% holes compared to my 15% maybe that I drilled.

Thx for looking! I'm gonna post another thread outlining the build for anybody interested with pix. Stay tuned to see print outs of this dyno pull and the previous other 2 I did last year. it documents a 32HP gain, all locked up in the factory exhaust system!

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're a gear head you'll wanna hear this video! I'll post a build whenever I can.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
started at 210 to the ground. that's with home built cat back, drop in filter, and electric fan. Bone stock would be 192.

Now after everything 242, to the ground, with the above mods plus Long tube headers, high flow cats, home built h-pipe, home built mufflers.

Not like a monster vp44 with big injectors and 62mm, but for just bolt ons:shock:

· Registered
353 Posts
Nice tundra, I'm a Toyota guy and an offroad guy also. Here is my 04 Tacoma LT'd with coil overs, bypasses, and bumps on all 4 corners, linked, caged and S/C'd.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like you just through on a set "glass packs".
hahaha, ya they sound similar. Glass packs are louvered though. perforated is the way to go when you build mufflers.

my next gen mufflers are wrapped in stainless steel wool, then ceramic wool, and finally fiberglass.

The biggest problem with glasspacks are the center core is mild steel so it eventually rusts out and you have no sound absorption.

My mufflers are literally like a Borla or Magnaflow.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice tundra, I'm a Toyota guy and an offroad guy also. Here is my 04 Tacoma LT'd with coil overs, bypasses, and bumps on all 4 corners, linked, caged and S/C'd.

That Taco is sick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.