Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any diesel dyno days in GA that are coming up soon? If not, where is the best place in GA to get a diesel dynoed and possibly tuned? I am located in Augusta but willing to drive anywhere within 4-6 hours away. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
306 Posts
On Oct.1st we are having Smokin' 2011 which will have Dunbars Dyno at our truck pull site in White Plains, GA. It is around 2 hrs west of Augusta on I-20.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good

I will plan on being there. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Not to speak out of school, but Dunbar is hanging it up at the end of this year..Infact, Hes only going to be doing a select few events...

Further more, the dyno will be at Garmons Diesel in Griffin, Ga most of the time in between...

No plans have been worked out for the future just yet... I'll post up when thing progress..

Here the link David Dunbar posted on CompD

DPM Final Season - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think Diane Tipton talked David into doing it for Smokin' 2011 since it was close drive for them and they are good friends. It is on schedule on their website: Upcoming Events

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garmons

Will the guys at Garmon's run the dyno while it's there? I would like to run my truck on a dyno asap. If Garmon's isn't running that dyno, is there another one in GA that does a good job of dynoing diesel trucks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Will the guys at Garmon's run the dyno while it's there? I would like to run my truck on a dyno asap. If Garmon's isn't running that dyno, is there another one in GA that does a good job of dynoing diesel trucks. Thanks.
Yes, Jeff will run it from time to time.. you may have to call him to make an appointment...404-557-4972.

It may also go back Mobile in the future as well... (not sure on details yet)

If not, Jeff is talking of digging a pit and instatlling in ground...

Georgia Diesel in Lavonia has a dyno at their shop.
Their's is a DynoCom Load cell dyno...Seemed to read low when I was up there..

Dunbars is a dynojet Insersia dyno..

As the saying goes in the Competition / Diesel Enthusist World... "IF IT DIDN'T HAPPEN ON DUNBARS, IT DOESN'T COUNT!! "

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. I will give those shops a call and see what they have to say. Thanks again.

·
Registered
954 Posts
If your willing to drive to Durham, NC the first weekend in March, there will be a dyno day at Rudy's Diesel Performance. Dunbar's dyno will be there. It's about a 4 1/2-5 hour drive from downtown Atlanta. If you are on the eastern side of the state, it may be shorter. Going to be a hell of a time though.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure yet if I have to work that weekend or not, but if not I will try to be there. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts