Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple questions. I am getting ready to install dynatrac ball joints on my 2012. First question is, after reading the instructions it says I need an install kit in order to install them.. Is that true or can I install them with a normal ball joint press just like all other ball joints? Also I know I have to pull the axle shafts out in order to do the ball joints. Do I need to drain the front diff or will it be perfectly fine because I just changed the fluid a few weeks ago and would rather not mess with it unless I HAVE too. Thanks!

Registered
Both answers above are correct, if you read the online directions. There is a heavy washer needed to keep from damaging the joint on installation, and a "normal" ball joint press can be used with the washer to correctly install the joints damage free.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I can't install these ball joints without damaging them without this "washer"?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed the ball joints today, both sides in about a total of 3.5 hours. Passenger side ball joints were a lot worse than I thought once I pressed them out. They went in very easy even WITHOUT the dynatrac install kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They appear to be a very solid ball joint. When I installed them, I put about 4 pumps of grease in the uppers. I have read they don't need to be greased right away but I did a little anyway. So far I like them. Steering is a little iffy due to the fact of how tight they made the knuckles. Hopefully they last a really long time. Ride is improved but I still feel as though these factory shocks are junk and plan to upgrade to bilsteins in the near future.

Registered
Ride is improved but I still feel as though these factory shocks are junk and plan to upgrade to bilsteins in the near future.
They are and you should! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts