Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one know when they reached the most safe added duration they can add? Ive got my smarty stacked and it seems that the more fuel stretch "duration" I add with my adrenaline the more torque my truck seems to have but with my smarty on a even number its not as strong?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not running any timing with my smarty on either setting. Only thing I changed was from level 9 to 8. My adrenaline adds timing on its own so I just let it take care of that. I just know the even numbers are supposed to have more duration on the smarty but 8 isnt as strong as 9 alone without timing on either.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump to the top

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Your rail pressure and EGT's will decide how much duration you can use. Too much duration will cause lower rail pressure and usually higher egt's because of poor atomization of the fuel shot.

Randy

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The odd number tunes have timing, even numbers don't. But you can add timing to the even numbers.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks rdyson thats what I was looking for to hear. I know the evens have timing and the odds dont but thats on the default settings. I am talking about the difference between 9 and 8 with stock timing. I cant add any timing with the smarty since my adrenaline adds its own. But Ive tried the evens with timing added before as well alone and my truck didnt like it as well as 9.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The odd number tunes have timing, even numbers don't. But you can add timing to the even numbers.
Or, you can remove all advanced timing from the odd numbers...

This seems to be a common misunderstanding with a lot of people. With the REVO options, you can use an odd numbered tune and remove ALL timing, effectively returning the timing back to stock. Likewise, you can take an even numbered tune and add timing, effectively giving it as much timing as an unaltered odd # tune.

Here are the TNT software options (and these apply to ALL software #'s):
Injection Timing
0 = Default (meaning, default for the tune loaded. Odd tunes will have timing added, even will not have timing added).
1 = Stock (meaning, STOCK timing. No timing added beyond what stock unaltered timing is. This applies to both odd and even numbered software).
2 = For aftermarket injectors. (In TNT's case, this is the most aggressive advance of the 5 options.)
3 = For Huge aftermarket injectors. (Less advance than setting number 2, but still more than stock.)
4 = For use with NOs. (Less advance than setting number 3, but still more than stock.)

Then, notice the note they add below their options:

The odd numbered SW's ( 1,3,5,7 & 9 ) use the advanced timing and the even numbered SW's ( 2,4,6 & 8 ) use the stock timing.

This is only true if you do not adjust the options! With the Revo you can choose ANY timing you want, no matter if the Catcher you'll
download is odd or even! You CAN, add timing to the software's that have none, or use the stock timing in the odd # ones. Your
pleasure....

By definition for all adjustable options the default is # 2. EXCEPT for the timing. The timing has two defaults. # 1 for the even numbered SW's ( stock timing ) # 2 for the odd numbered SW ( advanced timing ).

To avoid confusion and to help the customer in returning all levels to default ( if need be ), key # 0 is used to return Smarty back to the default levels. This is most important forthe timing. When Smarty is set back to default with key # 0, the even numbered software's will use the stock timing and the odd numbered ones the advanced timing.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea he ^ is right. But im sure Cdawg prolly knew that he just misunderstood ion bwhat I ment when I was talking about the levels or I wasnt clear enough. Im just scared of adding duration becuase of strokethis 07 melting his pistons running alot of duration stacked with his smarty like im doing. But so far im not up as high as he was at the time it happend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts