Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

duramax lml vs New 6.7 cummins

35368 23
My friend just bought a new 6.7 cummins he deleted all the emissions and has an h&s I have a 2011 lml duramax with all the emissions still on it and an h&s and I completely just walked off on him bad I'd like to know what you guys think on this please no omg a duracrap beat a cummins bull I'm just wondering did they do something wrong when deleting the emissions on his truck jw I'm doing it on his part and would love some opinions Thank you
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I have a diesel problem..
2,331 Posts
What year is the 6.7? Just out of ceriousity why don't you take all the emissions off the 6.6? Your pushing twice the soot in the motor as before. :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
A duramax is gonna stump a relitivly stock Cummins any day in a sprint. Its in the Marathon where the Cummins will take the cake 99.9% of the time. Thats what a truck is for anyways.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've owned 2 duramax trucks, a 07 Classic LBZ and a 08 LMM. The duramax is stout, and run really well. I just picked up a 12 Ram 6.7 HO, I like it a lot, but I dont feel that it is as fast as my deleted and EFI tuned LMM.....my 6.7 is deleted, but its not custom tuned.

I don't plan on racing so it doesn't matter to me, I just want it reliable and efficient....and drag my boat to the lake and back.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I guess I missed something. Didn't know anyone made a delete for the 13 and newer trucks.
The computer didn't change much on the ford and Chevy trucks in 13. Hence the ability to delete..... The cummins on the other hand......... Totally different computer. I know of several '13-14 duramax and fords that are deleted.

·
I have a diesel problem..
2,331 Posts
Computer is different than previous years. I'm sure tunes will be out soon to delete. But really the get awesome mileage as they are and good power

·
Registered
85 Posts
Allison tranny is the best in the business at putting the power to the ground IMO

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Allison is ok but the new aisin is nice. And the torqueshift tranny in the Fords have been the best for many years imo. Handling 600-700 rwp factory

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just was trying to say that the Allison is a big part of why the dmax is so quick. The way they shift/react and put the power down is spot on as far as quickness in a drag race goes. Not so much for how much power they will handle stock. But I def agree the new aisin is nice and the ol Ferd tranny did handle power if you swing that way...lol

Reactions: jlmaster

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe the cummins is about the slowest of the big three in a no weight added drag race. Put about 10k lbs behind each and the outcome would probably be different.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why are we still talking about this!? This is the cummins forum haha! Lets talk more about how awesome our Cummins are and less about how these stock dmaxs and fords beat us in a race haha! I bought a cummins cause I believe in the product of this engine. (And I got a sweet deal!) I still think these trucks are awesome even if they are the slowest in a race coming out of the factory. And they are much easier to work on with a cleaner engine bay (not like it matters but hey its true). The first time I looked under the hood of a dmax I was instantly confused and I couldn't even find the turbo hahahahha!! True story

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.