Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first gen is starting to show just how harsh the winters in ny are :CRY: so i was thinking of applying duplicolor spray in bed liner anybody have any information or sugestions with this stuff or how well it will hold up i pretty much want to bondo and get rid of the rust then spray some of this on there for good protection?

·
SuperDuperMod
3,938 Posts
which one is it? spray can, i part or 2 part. duplicolor makes a pretty decent diy bedliner.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spray can is what i was thinking but idk i might do the roll on kit what do you think

·
Registered
838 Posts
i wasn't too happy with the duplicolor i have on my rack... it didn't set up very well. i ordered a kit from cabela's, came with a gun and erverything, used it on the bed of my '99. raptor liner maybe? my buddy had good luck with duplicolor though on his jeep, he used the roll on stuff.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the stock paint is 2 tone on my truck and i want to do the bottom half of my truck with it hoping it will hold better against salt and road debre but i dont want it to be chipping or peeling in a couple of months

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im plannin on doing all of the dark grey

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
prep prep prep!!! I can't stress it enough... btw be prepared to recoat it every couple years with the quick spray kind to keep it from getting dull on you.

I used roll on for the bed (to try and spray the whole thing would cost me like 150 bucks) I just get a can or two of touch up spray and hit it every now and then... if I'm going somewhere special I cheat and just flat black the scuffs... but that's just me.
good luck and nice rig!! very individual.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I heard the herculiner is better

·
SuperDuperMod
3,938 Posts
herculiner is junk, youd be much happier with duplicolor.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
should i do the roll on or spray ??

·
Registered
861 Posts
dont even bother it is SH1T!!! we do it to all our work trucks and it comes up within a week if you actually use the bed. and thats the roll on one. it may not be bad if you dont us the bed much, but if you do it, make sure you put on like 10 coats. Herculiner is better stuff or if you want Rhinoliner is definately worth 500 bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts