Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have Jammer 3s 100hp injectors and they have worked fine. Just a little smokey. I also didnt have them tested before I put them in. So I bought a set of remaned Bosch 100 hp injectors and put them in my truck. My truck hates them. As soon as I put it in drive it just dies. I have to hold the brake down and accelerate(sp) to get into drive. Then slowly let off the brake like a clutch. At first I thought maybe I had a glitch in my tranny and the new injectors may be putting out more hp and showing the glitch. So I took it to a tranny shop and they dont think its the tranny. I was at a loss so I took the Jammers to a shop and had them tested and then I put them back in the truck and everything is back to normal.:peelout

I no longer think its added hp cause I didnt have the problem with the 100 hp jammers and the Edge on 3 or 4.

Sorry for the ramble. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
No one has ever heard of this? I am sure its not the truck as I have put my Edge on 5 (now) with the Jammer 3s and it goes into gear just fine. That should be at the least 400 hp. So this tells me that something is wrong with those Bosch injectors.

I told the vendor that I wanted to get my money back. He tells me he cant do that cause I ran the injectors. :( Of course I ran the injectors how would I know they dont work? Anyway he says "I cant give you a refund, but I can sell them for you." :lol3: If they dont work It wouldnt be right for me to have him sell them would it.:thud:

Any ideas of what the problem is or what I should do about the vendor refusing to back up his product?

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
To me this sounds like you pop-off isnt set right on the injectors. This could cause them to not open at indle and start opening when the throttle is pressed. If there is a shop that can work on injectors, take it to them and have them pop them off and clean'em. hopefuly that will fix the problem or at least the shop can pin point whats going on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That makes since. If I get stuck with them I just may do that, but of course thats more money I have to spend on this junk and I have already lost two days of work because of these. I think the guy should take them back and refund the money. I would think that any legitimate business would refund the money.

Anyone have advise on dealing with this guy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts