Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the duals on my rig are touching, and Iv heard that that will cause the bearing to push itself out. What do I need to do about this, I cant use wheel spacers cause that will throw off the balance of the axle and cause it to stap, bein that all the weight would transfer outward.:popcorn:

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
you can find real thin spacers , I run em on my 74 , there only about a 1/4 inch i used two on each side it works out great and i have 38x12,50x16 swampers now they dont touch at all even when she's loaded :thumbsup

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have 2 inch spacers on my 03

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you love your truck you'll get the spacers. they may be okay when empty but put a load on them and there likely to blow out or even burn. The stud just hold your wheels in place, its the pressure between the mating surfaces of the wheels and center bore of the wheel matched to the axle housing that holds the weight.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
tires have some squat in the sidewalls, when you add a load / a few dips in the pavement it may become a problem. ive ran them as close as 1/2" when loaded pumped to max psi and havnt had any problems with 8,000lb trailer

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Remember our dually rims have centering coins on them. Be sure the spacer is opened up to clear the coins or it will cause problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts