Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys that are running dual rear wheels on a single rear wheeled bed, did you swap in a dually rear end or is that a single wheel rear end that you put something on to add the extra tire. if its not hard to do i might try it. thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do? If it's for pulling I can see where your getting, but if your wanting to put another tire on and drive it down the street, you'll have problems, cops don't like tires that stick that far out of the fender wells.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have an srw that i am going to convert to a drw. I think that im going to swap in a drw axel instead of the adapter route. I am wanting to build more of a tow/work truck with a flatbed and i think that will suit my needs better.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've never had an adapter failure on either truck that I have done in the past. However like your saying the best route is the dually diff. Your diff is probably worth money anyway to the right person.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've never had an adapter failure on either truck that I have done in the past. However like your saying the best route is the dually diff. Your diff is probably worth money anyway to the right person. The front is a no brainer of course because thats all dodge did was use an adapter I believe.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i would just run duals in the rear when pullin. thats why i didnt really wanna dually rearend cuz after the pull is over id like to be able to throw the single tires back on so i can drive it on the street. i dont want to put a dually bed on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nobody else can point me towards some adapters i can use or something???

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Or you could go with a Dodge Cab and Chassis Rear End. They are same total width as the SRW rear end, but have the DRW style drums.

I just happen to have one for sale....PM if interested.

Rick

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts