Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find removing the rear wheels a major pain??

I would love to hear the ideas/techniques people use to get them off without special tooling.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hit the tire with a BFH.....again and again if necessary. That should 'bout do...if it don't get a bigger BFH.

Jim

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Hit the tire with a BFH.....again and again if necessary. That should 'bout do...if it don't get a bigger BFH.

Jim
:agree2:....

·
Registered
752 Posts
I figured you'd like that one babyfat. Its not a nuclear reactor.....thus the need for the BFH :lol3:

Jim

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Let the air out, drive over the tire with your other vehicle using the weight of the other vehicle to break the bead, and then use the head off of a matdox or pick to peel it off.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Let the air out, drive over the tire with your other vehicle using the weight of the other vehicle to break the bead, and then use the head off of a matdox or pick to peel it off.

i think he is working with wheels not tires, therefore....................BFH

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

Jim
:agree2: That always seem to work for me as well.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Once you get them off, clean up the mating surfaces with a wire brush, and Never Seez the crap out of the mating surfaces. That will make the next time much more enjoyable!!!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Yeah smack the heck out of the sidewall with a BFG and like hotstuff said wirebrush around axle housing then put antisieze on it

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yeah smack the heck out of the sidewall with a BFG and like hotstuff said wirebrush around axle housing then put antisieze on it

Just make sure it's a BIG one...like a 315/70/17!!!!:T: Cause the little 295's aren't heavy enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts