Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are people running the 1/2" spacers between the rear duals? If I move my outside rim out a 1/4" it will not be able to center itself off the hub because the hub tapers down. I have stock wheels and need at least a 1/2" spacer on each side to clear my 285/75/R17's. My lug nuts only have about one thread to spare so I guess I would also have to get longer studs. Can the holes in the wheels be tapered so the wheels will center off the studs instead of the hub. I haul for a living so I need this to be a long term reliable solution. I want to keep the spacer as narrow as possible.

·
Banned
140 Posts
You can fit 1/4" spacers between the wheels and still have enough hub centric area to center the second wheel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
well i have .250" spacers in the garage cause they didnt work with my truck....maybe the newer trucks they work

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am running a 2" spacer on mine and I have 285/70/17 tires.. I have found that if you run a smaller spacer you risk all your rear tires when you put on a heavy load.. My tires stick outside of the rear fenders about an inch on each side.. but that is better than ruining $900 worth of tires. I got them from truckaddons.com Do you haul many heavy loads?

·
Registered
53 Posts
no not much on the heavy loads yet...my problem was that when i put them on and hit the brakes the back end would bounce...outside tire away out of wack...needless to say the spacers just sit on the wall now. another thing is that my truck is older (98) and i run the 16" tires

and yes your right you do run the risk of all your rear tires when running a small spacer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts