Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a 04 Dodge 2500 dually, how hard and how much would it cost to change it to single wheels if I wanted to.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
huh a 2500 dually?
why would you want to change anyways... you should just add super singles in the back and forget about it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I am thinking about getting a 04 Dodge 2500 dually, how hard and how much would it cost to change it to single wheels if I wanted to.
They don't make a 2500 (3/4 ton) dually. And just buy a SRW instead. Too much work tryin to change it all over. I would rather have a dually, but to each his own.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Are you sure its a 2500 dually cause if thats the case its got some coustom work done to it

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ah ok. Thats a BIG type-o around here! lol jk

I would think that if you could sell/trade your bed and rims that should be it. You might even make some money out of it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Really though what's wrong with the CORRECT number of tires under a truck? 6, two more tire twice the man!!! LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
These are for a semi but it shows it well, you take your deuls off and put 1 wide tire on each side.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why not buy what you want and get a single wheel from the start. But if not u probably need a new bed and axle. They have a narrower axle in the rear. plus new wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dad got it for me for only 10K from a friend. But I'm just keeping it a dually for now so thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Duallies freakin rock, chicks dig a real mans truck....
plus it's much much more workable when and if you need it. Less traction worries with 2wd launches, yes it has it's downfalls but once your used to it you'll never look back man!! keep us posted brother!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts