Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 285/75r16 on my 96 dually. What is the biggest tire size i can go with the stock rim. I would like to squeeze a 305/75 or a 315/75 :beer

·
Registered
92 Posts
Someone on here just installed 305/85-16's, but needs spacers on the rear to keep the tires from rubbing. That'll be your problem with anything that big: The rears will touch unloaded, let alone what they'll do loaded.

Trade for a SRW and put the biggest tires in Creation on it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The 305/85s look sweet on the 2nd gens. It would be hard to run anything bigger.

This is texs4x4's truck:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I run 315 75 r16s and they tuck just fine. I have a 4" lift, but with the oe arms, when it tucks, the lift makes no difference except on the top of the fender. I run a 2" spacer on the rears.

Next time I get tires, I'm going 37's and building longer susp arms. I rub the lower right arm occasionally if I really try. (it sounds terrible!)

Oh btw, this is my WORK truck. I thrash through trails dragging equipment on trailers with these tires on, and they tuck good. I mean they tuck in REAL offroad conditions. I would have run these without the lift, but the lift came with the truck :) The dually backspacing lines up nicely for maximum tire size. I didn't want pizza cutters because the front end on these things is so heavy.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ur truck looks bad a$$ total and you you performance I am running the 2" spacers in the back so i shouldnt have a problem with the bigger tires rubbing but i do have a Dyna star leveling kit what do you think run the 305's or 315's

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would run the 315's. IF they rub, it will be when the tire tucks HARD and it will rub the top. Thanks! even when thrashed, a black truck looks mean! :) You will definitely need the 2" spacer for the rear, and it wouldn't rub in the rear, anyhow. But you gotta get those tires apart. And here's the nasty thing; There's no flares for the rear to my knowlege, and with 315's sticking out with spacers, it will throw up some SERIOUS rooster tails in the rain. I put flex flares on mine. They work but they're UUUUGLY. And I hacked myself up some mudflaps from a set of NAPA generic big rig mudflaps. That wasn't too ugly, and works well.

Another thing to consider, is that the spacer uses a (22mm?) thin wall socket, so you will need that to change a tire if you get a flat. It will look mean and keep your heavy beast from getting stuck in embarrassing places.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would run the 315's. IF they rub, it will be when the tire tucks HARD and it will rub the top. Thanks! even when thrashed, a black truck looks mean! :) You will definitely need the 2" spacer for the rear, and it wouldn't rub in the rear, anyhow. But you gotta get those tires apart. And here's the nasty thing; There's no flares for the rear to my knowlege, and with 315's sticking out with spacers, it will throw up some SERIOUS rooster tails in the rain. I put flex flares on mine. They work but they're UUUUGLY. And I hacked myself up some mudflaps from a set of NAPA generic big rig mudflaps. That wasn't too ugly, and works well.

Another thing to consider, is that the spacer uses a (22mm?) thin wall socket, so you will need that to change a tire if you get a flat. It will look mean and keep your heavy beast from getting stuck in embarrassing places.
Do you have any full size pics of your Rig? Bad !

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I was running 305 x 70 on my stock wheels with a 2" spacer on the rear, with out the spacer they were way to tight on the rear end

·
Registered
767 Posts
Brentc: Do you happen to have a rear shot of your truck with stock rims and rockstars both? I would like to see how far your tires stick out past the fenders. By the way that truck looks COCKY!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yea theres out there a good bit, i will try and take a pic tonight and put it on here

·
Registered
129 Posts
ive got the eagle alloys ill post some pics when i get home ,brentc love your truck i wanted black rockstar but i think it woulh have looked funny on a maroon truck

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I dont have a pic of the rear stock, i have one with the rockstars but i can't load them on my work computer, i will get it on here tomorrow some time.

Thanks Ram rod, nah i think they would look good with Maroon, diff but good, i mean its a dodge, it will look good with anything :thumbsup

·
Registered
129 Posts
they are stock size 17s im leveling next week and going the same setup as brentc

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok i dont know what the deal is i cant open my photo bucket im still working on it if you scroll through a forum titled show off your duallys in show time forum there on the 4th or 5th page but ill keep trying

·
Registered
129 Posts
here's a pic of my rig with the rims

·
Registered
769 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts