Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a conversions kit to make my truck a dually. My trailer is alittle too big for a single rear wheel. I bought this truck new and I would like to keep it but can not afford two trucks. Any info would be great!:popcorn:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I swear I seen a conversion kit for DRW on ebay somewhere not long ago. Just for the axle, no fenders. Check it out, I think I was looking for the ten lug conversion kits for the big wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
cant you just take the adapters off a wreaked dually and get a take off bed from a truck flatbed place

·
Registered
602 Posts
cant you just take the adapters off a wreaked dually and get a take off bed from a truck flatbed place
I've always wondered that myself, and I think there is a difference in the width of the axle from single to dually, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I will keep looking!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I looked up that web site and they do have conversion kits but not past 2002. So I am out. But all they are really for is looks and stability. I need it more for weight reasons. Thanks again for your help guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Call a good pickup wrecking yard. Or parts department at a dodge dealership.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Arrowcraft sells complete or partial conversion kits. I used one in the late 80's on a D100 Dodge pickup flatbed.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The dually rear axle is a little wider. There are factory spacers that make them wider. So, maybe if you could find the spacers for the axles, your stock rear may work out ok. There are a few other things you need too. Maybe someone will chime in that has done conversion or try doing a search.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i put two inch aluminum spacers off ebay on mine three inch would make it track better

·
Registered
38 Posts
if i was you i would contact those guys who are doing the mega longbed conversions they have alot of parts that are take off's with low miles and they have beds too so google them and see what they have

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
they keep the axles just stretch the frames. there should be no strees on the axle since its the same. would be better to find someone wanting to to do a drw to asrw switch tho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts