Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 98.5 Ram3500 with duallies for a great price, but I really dont want or need duallies. I was just wondering if you can take the wide fenders off along with two of the wheels.
thanks
-Danny

·
Registered
401 Posts
we all needed training wheels at one time........i just like to dwell on my child hood.....i was in the same position and i love it,for as little hauling as i do, it is very nice having the nice ride.......besides the back tires havent worn nearly as fast as i expected (76000, still original michelins)

·
Registered
491 Posts
ya i love my dually and yes to answer your ? on some of the duallys you can take off the "hips" but i wouldnt it lets everyone know that you are a man with a mans truck and the ride is great

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha The cummins with a 4" straight pipe is what really tells people its a mans truck, form a few blocks away too. Do the Duallies hurt your mpg much?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You will typically get 1 MPG less with the dually due to the extra weight, width and an extra set of tires causing rolling resistance. As for taking the fenders off, you will have big holes in the fenders underneath the dually fenders.

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Heck if you close, Id trade ya beds all all the gear. Ive always wanted and kinda needed a duely ;) But realy the easiest way is to get a different bed, always looks better and with an old truck like that, there usually a bright spot were the fenders used to be.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You'd have to swap out the axle too, I'm pretty sure the hubs on dually axles stick out a lot farther and would look really weird with out all 4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts