Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a rcx dual steering stabilizer and was wondering if its an improvement over the stock one I'm on 37s right now I know rcx isn't the top of the line brand and all but I could always replace the stabilizer shocks down the road any input is appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Those dual steering stabilizer won't last long and will not be as good as a single Carli nitrogen SS. Another option is the new Fox synergy stabilizer. I recently installed the synergy one on my uncles truck and it performs great. I personally like the Carli ss because it's adjustable with nitrogen.

·
Vendor
1,169 Posts
If you buy the Carli Stainless Stabilizer you won't need to ever need to touch you steering again. Like Temple Diesel said, the adjustability of the Carli stabilizer allows you to adjust the pressure to fine tune the feel in your steering.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Like the others have said, a quality single is the way to go! Not only are they better construction but have full adjustability too.

What tires are you running? Some tires naturally pull hard to the right (light Toyo's) while others pull hard to the left (like Nitto's) so depending on what tire you have, there are different options or accessories that may or may not be needed.

Here is a little lesson for ya.... a stabilizer (like Carli's stainless low mount) mounted in the stock location, will push the steering to the left. If you're running a tire that pulls to the right, this can be easily correct as they were counteract each other (once adjusted) and make it so that you can let go of the steering wheel and the truck will go straight down the road. Now if your tire pulls to the left and you put the same stabilizer on, it will continue to pull to the left as left + left = more left! If that is the case for you, I'd suggest the Carli diff guard + stabilizer bracket. This will change the mounting direction and the direction in which the stabilizer will push... making it push to the right... hence right + left = straight.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I should just replace the current stabilizer shock with a quality one instead of getting a dual and running it for a while and replacing both with a quality shock? I'm running Nittos btw the truck rides straight I just wanted a little reinforcement due to the bigger tires

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I would definitely suggest the diff cover, bracket and low mount then. This way you can correct for what you have now and have every option covered for if and when you change your tires.

Also, are you running the Y style or T style linkage?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I would definitely suggest the diff cover, bracket and low mount then. This way you can correct for what you have now and have every option covered for if and when you change your tires.

Also, are you running the Y style or T style linkage?
Do you guys just sell the dif cover bracket and low mount without buying the dual stabilizer setup? If so can you shoot me a pm on price :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
My experience...

Stock setup = Decent for stock tires but not so great for larger tires.

Stock Setup with Bilstein 5100 Cylinder (what I have now) = Seems adequate for 37" Toyos, but when I had 35" Nittos it pulled left.

Carli Low Mount = No experience with it (yet) but I've heard great things and will probably get one as soon as my wife forgets how much money I've spent on my truck in the past few months.

Fox Synergy = No personal experience with it but my neighbor has one on his Jeep and speaks very highly of it.

BDS Dual Stabilizer = Don't waste your money. I bought one and it didn't fit my truck and I had to argue with them for three weeks before they finally agreed to let me return it for a refund. Their VP of sales went as far as accusing me of fraud (long story). I'll never buy another BDS product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts