Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a dual pump kit and have my eye on a ppe kit. Are anybody’s controllers better then others? I know back in the day there were a lot of controller issues.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
My kit was bought in 2007 and still kickin today . I was diagnosing problems and put a fish controller on to see and the original ppe controller was not the problem, fish is a good product and a quarter of the size .

Reactions: 02smokin

·
3 footin' through life
12,340 Posts
Fleece kit looks slick.

You don't need a controller anymore. Just a splitter and tune adjustment. One less component to fail.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fleece kit looks slick.

You don't need a controller anymore. Just a splitter and tune adjustment. One less component to fail.
I asked Fleece about that yesterday, they told me they don’t recommend using a splitter for a straight truck. They said that’s competition stuff only.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have fleeces splitter on my 12 with an ats kit. My truck isnt my only vehicle but I do drive it a few days a week. I dont have issues with it. Currently sitting in it in the parking lot of preschool waiting to pick up my 4 year old.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have fleeces splitter on my 12 with an ats kit. My truck isnt my only vehicle but I do drive it a few days a week. I dont have issues with it. Currently sitting in it in the parking lot of preschool waiting to pick up my 4 year old.
Huh, why heck would they tell me that then. So with the splitter my tuner would take care of that part?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not sure. I mean mine is more of a competition truck but I dont see why you couldn't daily drive something with their splitter

·
Registered
126 Posts
And yes your tuner would need to know you have a splitter instead of a controller. I'm a dealer for one and er charge 100 extra for tuning the splitters. If you dont go that route I'd recommend the fish tuning controller.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, went with the fleece deluxe kit without a pump for now. I’ll be on the hunt for a used pump, can I run a stock 5.9 pump or go to a 6.7 or dmax pump?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any work. Some trucks/tuners have issues with the duramax fca on dodges so if you have rail pressure idle issues etc start with swapping a dodge fca in.

·
3 footin' through life
12,340 Posts
I asked Fleece about that yesterday, they told me they don’t recommend using a splitter for a straight truck. They said that’s competition stuff only.
Weird. First I've heard that. Mine was a bit tricky to get to cold start cleanly but it works great and one less possible issue to have down the road.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the H&S twin cp3 and like it. It mounts to the front cover and brings the 2nd pump down lower rather than on the three upper bolts in the intake plenum. It also came with a fish controller and works great. I tried the fleece splitter and it didn't work for me.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weird. First I've heard that. Mine was a bit tricky to get to cold start cleanly but it works great and one less possible issue to have down the road.
Ya idk if I just talked to some new guy or what. If I ever have a controller problem I will jump to the splitter

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What will 2 stock 5.9 pumps support fueling wise? And I might have a lead on a 10m pump will see what happens but with a stock pump and 10m in what location do the need to mount? Bigger pump on the gear side or does it matter?

·
Registered
515 Posts
What will 2 stock 5.9 pumps support fueling wise? And I might have a lead on a 10m pump will see what happens but with a stock pump and 10m in what location do the need to mount? Bigger pump on the gear side or does it matter?
I believe you can get around 600hp out of a stock cp3. One thing to consider, the nice thing with one pump is there is less clutter in the engine bay. But, for me, I wen't with two cp3 pumps because they can pump more fuel in the lower rpm range than a single can. I have heard this from multiple tuners. You will get overall the same amount of power but it will come on sooner with two pumps. I also like the idea if one goes out, I at least have another one to keep me going and get me home rather than being stranded.

Cons are that there are more fitting connections and more possible leak joints. I like having two because I can pretty much get the power when I want it in the lower RPM range. Now, maybe the modified pumps have gotten better but who knows.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I believe you can get around 600hp out of one stock cp3. One thing to consider, the nice thing with one pump is there is less clutter in the engine bay. But, for me, I wen't with two cp3 pumps because they can pump more fuel in the lower rpm range than a single can. I have heard this from multiple tuners. You will get overall the same amount of power but it will come on sooner with two pumps. I also like the idea if one goes out, I at least have another one to keep me going and get me home rather than being stranded.

Cons are that there are more fitting connections and more possible leak joints. I like having two because I can pretty much get the power when I want it in the lower RPM range. Now, maybe the modified pumps have gotten better but who knows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
2 stock pumps will do 1k+
With a 12 or 14mm cp3 it willl fuel the same as dual pumps down low. Get a fleece fuel distribution block it will clean up the bay some. It's nice to have all your lines in one spot. A pump from s&s or exergy will be just as reliable as a stock dual pumps imo. I've ran big cp3s from both of the above and never had issues.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2 stock pumps will do 1k+
With a 12 or 14mm cp3 it willl fuel the same as dual pumps down low. Get a fleece fuel distribution block it will clean up the bay some. It's nice to have all your lines in one spot. A pump from s&s or exergy will be just as reliable as a stock dual pumps imo. I've ran big cp3s from both of the above and never had issues.
Yup got the deluxe kit which comes with the distribution block

·
3 footin' through life
12,340 Posts
stock pumps will regularly do 1200hp at reasonable RPM with correctly sized injectors.

Reactions: 02smokin
1 - 20 of 33 Posts