Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dual Headlights converted to Quad Headlights?

G
20030 13
Anyone have some insight on making this possible?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Dodge w250 12v Cummins (under construction).
2,261 Posts
Do you mean taking a dual headlight housing and turning into a quad?

·
Registered
982 Posts
if he is talking about switching from the single head light bulbs to the duel head light bulbs, then yes its plug and play. but they way i understand it is he will have to have the program code changed so both bulbs are on when the high beams are on. I switched the lights over on my 2011 but have not taken it to the dealer to get them programed on my truck yet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize about not being more specific. I ment taking a truck that came with dual headlights from the factory (like a ST base model), then swapping them for quad headlights (like a laramie).

So a quad harness is just plug n' play once you remove the dual harness? All you would need to do is get the computer re-programmed? Sounds simple enough.

I appreciate the help fellas.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have done this. Everything is plug and play but the hi's and lows won't stay on together unless you get your truck flashed by the dealer. Sales code LMES is needed from my research. I just went fri to have this code added and they told me they could not so I'm SOL. I put better bulbs in so it doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I apologize about not being more specific. I ment taking a truck that came with dual headlights from the factory (like a ST base model), then swapping them for quad headlights (like a laramie).

So a quad harness is just plug n' play once you remove the dual harness? All you would need to do is get the computer re-programmed? Sounds simple enough.

I appreciate the help fellas.
no its easy. just take out your factory st lights, unplug your head light and plug it back into your new head light assembly. on our st trucks the headlight harness plugs right into the head light bulb, but on the quad headlights there is a little harness that has a connector hanging out the back of the head light assembly. just take your factory plug and plug it into the new heads light assembly. i hope i didn't try to over simply-fly it.

here is a picture of the back side of a ST head light assembly. look at picture 2 or 3 in the listing..

09 12 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Pickup Truck Headlight Headlamp Left Driver Side | eBay

here is a picture of a Quad headlight assembly showing the wiring harness stick out the back that i was talking about.look at the second pic

Dodge RAM Quad Headlight 09 10 11 12 | eBay

also mods these are not for sell adds, i do not know ether seller i was just using them for the pictures. thanks Mopar71

·
Registered
982 Posts
also for got to add BlackDiesel you only have to go to the dealer if you want to get them programed so both light are on, when you have the high beams on. i have been driving mine with the st programing.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have done this. Everything is plug and play but the hi's and lows won't stay on together unless you get your truck flashed by the dealer. Sales code LMES is needed from my research. I just went fri to have this code added and they told me they could not so I'm SOL. I put better bulbs in so it doesn't really bother me.
well that sucks did they tell you why? my dealer told me they could. but i am waiting do to mine so i can have the code add for key fobs at the same time. thanks mopar71

·
Registered
982 Posts
He said something about not seeing that code on the list of available sales codes for my truck. Fog lights and rear camera worked but no quads.
well if that's the case i wonder if it would be better to go back to the single bulb head lights?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the look of the quads more. I did upgrade the bulbs to brighter ones. I don't remember which brand or model. I've driven in the boonies a lot with them and they are great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.