Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who else is with me on this? they really need to make a dual exhaust kit for us first gen guys/gals

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just a thought after the rear axle put a y pipe that's used for stacks on it and then find some pipes that would go where you want it to go.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Dual's are made for gasser's not Diesel's except stack's

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love duals on a diesel, im getting my complete 4" turbo back and 6" tips on my w250

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I am just too simple I guess, I see that as more money and more weight..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just love the look and sound.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally, I don't really see the point. For the simple look and no performance gain, it's not worth the extra money, weight, and pain in the A to get that to work. It's not like it's a V8 gas job where duals actually make sense because they are true duals. I've never really seen the point in simulated/split off dual kit on trucks like this. I understand the appeal of the look, but everything that goes with obtaining that look is sensless IMO.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
LOL... more weight? That extra 20 pounds has gotta take 5 mpg too.....

Anyways I have done it, make a y pipe just after the t-case if you want it to sound really mean.

Also, the 2nd gen kits could be made to fit probably without too much modification.

P.S. I love the sound of duals.... they sound more even and not so intense on one side of the truck. I plan on doing dual 5 when I go twins.... 5" downpipe through the t-case, han y to dual 5.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's not really the weight that's the big issue. It's just all of the cons combined up against next to no benefit. If you REALLY want duals then go for it. I don't think they're stupid or ugly, I just don't see the point of the extra work to have them. Different strokes I suppose.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There use to be a common rail running around here that had duals with 8 or 9 inch tips. It looked horrible

Reactions: Jeff.

·
So God Made a Farmer..
2,174 Posts
i myself love the look of duals, and what the hell in gods name does being a V8 have anything to do with it?! duals look Fackin sweet on a diesel, and as RC said have a more even tone sound to em. not to mention it looks more even when you look at the back of the truck. just my .02

Reactions: First_Gen_smokuh

·
Registered
132 Posts
One of my buddies had a first gen with 4inch duals and 5inch tips. That truck is what made me want a first gen. I think duals look sweet on a first gen. Yea theres no real performance advantage to duals or anything like that, but who cares... If that's what you wanna do then do it! Post some pictures if you do!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After the body shop ill be getting 4" TB with 6" tips, ill post pics!!

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts