Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

DUAL CP3 KIT minus the CP3 please

965 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  09cumminsatyou
I got an extra Cp3 laying around with low mileage. Is there a company that sells the Dual Kit, less the CP3?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
PPE does indeed have a kit less the second pump.

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will be giving them a call on Monday. Is it worth having one of the CP3 moded btw?

· Registered
622 Posts
It depends on how much power you want. In a dual cp3 set up each pump is only used to supply half the fuel. If you rail pressure is at 20k each pump is only making 10k. A stock pump on a stock truck is making 20-25k by itself. The nice thing about using 2 stock pumps is reliability. If you have a pump that can easily make 20k psi and you are only having to run it at 10k in theory the pump should have an easier life. This of course is just my opinion.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
It depends on how much power you want. In a dual cp3 set up each pump is only used to supply half the fuel. If you rail pressure is at 20k each pump is only making 10k. A stock pump on a stock truck is making 20-25k by itself. The nice thing about using 2 stock pumps is reliability. If you have a pump that can easily make 20k psi and you are only having to run it at 10k in theory the pump should have an easier life. This of course is just my opinion.
That's not exactly correct. Each pump will continue to make the full pressure, however the flow demand will decrease by half. Pressure doesn't double, flow does. That's how you get more fuel and still remain within the normal pressure ranges.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Industrial injection does as well....

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
preciate all the replys. Im still open for discussion reguarding moding one Cp3 over the other one.

I'll be giving ppe and II a call Monday morning for a price quote

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.