Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a 98 12valve, has a dtt valvebody upgrade and voltage regulator, but they never installed the regulator i can't get ahold of dtt to get me instructions and i can't find any clear wiring instructions but i'm assuming black is ground, red is ignition power and orange goes to the orange wire running to the vb? anyones insight here would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
24,461 Posts

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
Have you done any troubleshooting that determines the VR in the PCM is inoperative. There are other components that will cause a no charge situation.

Reactions: dd453ford

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i should have specified clearer? this is NOT a voltage reg for the charging system, it is a DTT transmission regulator to fool the pcm into thinking it sees normal line pressure to avoid 2nd or 3rd gear starts with dtt's shift kit.

·
Super Moderator
24,461 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
>>>"Have you done any troubleshooting that determines the VR in the PCM is inoperative. There are other components that will cause a no charge situation."<<

I'm having a similar problem. Don't really want an external voltage reg., because I like my volt gauge to work.
What other parts are you referring to.

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
>>>"Have you done any troubleshooting that determines the VR in the PCM is inoperative. There are other components that will cause a no charge situation."<<

I'm having a similar problem. Don't really want an external voltage reg., because I like my volt gauge to work.
What other parts are you referring to.
RE-read post #4.

Reactions: kraut
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.