Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say very easy install, and it has eliminated my 1-2 2-3 shift issues. I have been dealing with these issues for over a year, some days were fine others the truck would shuffle back and forth and drive me crazy. I cant believe I didnt get one sooner. All around my truck drives so much smoother and shifts better no matter what DL program I am running. If your on the fence get off and buy one. Oh and now I can move up to wild torque management with no worries, look out Northern Va :woot:.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have a very harsh 1st to 2nd shift ... it clunks into gear alot of the time (sometimes shifts perfectly).
Do you think this shift enhancer would help with this or is that asking too much? The rest of the shifts are decent most of the time.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
It adjusts your line-pressure to the tranny by controlling the TV motor. It also helps regulate irregularities like the hunting and flared shifting by making the signal more consistent to the tranny. It also has three settings you can change on the fly to increase or lower line pressure. I have been preaching about mine for sometime now, its really a good product that actually works. And yes you dont have to have a built tranny to use it. It works great on a stock truck too.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It adjusts your line-pressure to the tranny by controlling the TV motor. It also helps regulate irregularities like the hunting and flared shifting by making the signal more consistent to the tranny. It also has three settings you can change on the fly to increase or lower line pressure. I have been preaching about mine for sometime now, its really a good product that actually works. And yes you dont have to have a built tranny to use it. It works great on a stock truck too.
hey lakelife, same question as I asked above. Did this thing actually make the 1st to 2nd shift any smoother? Does it make any of the shifts smoother or are guys using it mainly to help with the shuttle-shift ... I don't have the shuttle-shift anymore after the TSB so I'm only trying to correct the terrible harsh 1 to 2 shift. You think it would help?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
hey lakelife, same question as I asked above. Did this thing actually make the 1st to 2nd shift any smoother? Does it make any of the shifts smoother or are guys using it mainly to help with the shuttle-shift ... I don't have the shuttle-shift anymore after the TSB so I'm only trying to correct the terrible harsh 1 to 2 shift. You think it would help?
It sounds to me like you need a valve body adjustment. Yes the shift enhanser really works to eliminate the shuttle shifting and flared shifts. I have a Goerends VB and it has shifted hard from day one and after installing the shift enhanser it was still the same. I had Goerends send me another VB with some different springs and other adjustments and now she shifts smooth. Has your truck been like that from the start? Like the truck by the way dont see too many laramie's in the regular cab configuration. I bet it will move too since you are lighter than most of our trucks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
It sounds to me like you need a valve body adjustment. Yes the shift enhanser really works to eliminate the shuttle shifting and flared shifts. I have a Goerends VB and it has shifted hard from day one and after installing the shift enhanser it was still the same. I had Goerends send me another VB with some different springs and other adjustments and now she shifts smooth. Has your truck been like that from the start? Like the truck by the way dont see too many laramie's in the regular cab configuration. I bet it will move too since you are lighter than most of our trucks.
thanks ... Yes, it has shifted this way from new. Have fixed many issues ... this is one of the last ones I need to conquer. If I keep the truck I will one day spend some money on the tranny and have it built.
You're right, a Reg Cab Laramie is rare these days ... you'll have a hard time finding one on the lots. Actually you can't even order one anymore. Been a great truck so far. And yes ... she's a hemi killer :peelout

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too am interested in the Shift Enhancer and had a question. My trans is all stock and I don't have the money for a built trans, let along a new TC or VB. But as you can see I have the Quad X2 and I would like to be able to use the higher settings (for play of course:thumbsup:peelout) without fear of burning up my trans, so would the shift enhancer give me a lil peace of mind and help hold up better with the added power of the X2? I'm not too sure if my stock trans will hold up too well if I use the 100 h.p. setting too much.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This product is for use when you have 1-2 2-3 shift flare, and your trans hunts for gears. This is very common with downloaders and different software, it is also common on some trucks stock. This is not an item that is going to make your trans stronger per say. This is an item that is going to help your trans shift better and perform better across the board. This may lead to a longer trans life but is not going to help a stock trans with power mods. Your gonna have to bite the bullet and at min do a VB/TC to handle added power or eventually you will roast your trans.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wheres the best place to get one of these im bout to order one...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
So on a built transmission how much of a difference does it make? 1st gear you can definitely feel but the rest is pretty smooth.

·
Registered
554 Posts
can you adjust the downshift (kickdown) from OD to 3rd? mine downshifts way too early when i'm just cruising and roll into the throttle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts