Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help.....my 08 6.7 cummins started throwing dtc code p0734....now i've went through and replaced trans fluid and filters, replaced speed sensors and wiring and the shift solenoid and it's still doing the same, when it gets to 4th gear it revs up really high and won't shift any higher......could it be my torque converter that's messed up and needs replacing, and if so how much does it run and what stage should i get

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
I would test pressures to avoid just throwing parts at issue.
Possible Causes
CRACKED OR MIS-INSTALLED PRIMARY OIL FILTER OR SEAL
BENT OR BROKEN ACCUMULATOR COVER ON MAIN VALVE BODY
WORN SOLENOID SWITCH VALVE OR PLUGS
STUCK OR STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE
BURNED UD OR 00 CLUTCH
CUT 00 OR UD PISTON SEAL
BROKEN OR MISSING UD OR OD BLEED ORIFICE IN MAIN VALVE BODY
BROKEN OR MISSING BLEED ORIFICE IN UD OR OD CLUTCH PISTON
CUT 00 OR UD ACCUMULATOR PISTON SEAL
CRACKED 00 OR UD ACCUMULATOR PISTON
CUT OR MISSING #6 CHECK BALL
TRANSMISSION SOLENOIDrrRS ASSEMBLY
FAILED OD SHAFT
FAILED SPLINE ON REVERSE CARRIER HUB
BROKEN REACTION SHAFT SUPPORT SEAL RING
POOR MACHINING ON PUMP VALVE BODY FACE

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i do that exactly and what do i do if my pressure isn't right...where do i go from there.....like i said i've replaced the shift solenoid, i took it apart from the valve body and correctly installed it back myself....replace both oil filters myself, replaced all the wiring and sensor connectors myself , and just recently replaced the speed sensors and pressure sensor all myself......ive done all the work myself starting from the 1st step to the last step all done correctly on take off and replacement....ive studied the 68rfe tranny manual from the 1st page to the last many times over and watched every video on how to do every part change i've done...but i'm also learning in the process of doing this all as i want to be a diesel mechanic and deal with diesel motors daily at my job and personal life.....so how would i test the pressure and where do i go if it's not right and where do i go if it is right on the next step

1 - 3 of 3 Posts