Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Drop-ins for Compound Turbos

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ltrbike 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience running a calibrated power stealth 64 or any drop in style turbo for a 06 Cummins in a large compound set up? I’ve had it paired to a s488 but with basically stock fuel waiting to get injectors in. Finally ready to move forward with the fuel system, picked up a good deal on some 200%s and a 12mm cp3 but have some concerns how the small turbo will handle it. Any input is appreciated thank you.

#2 ·
#4 ·
I'm pretty sure the larger turbine wheels everyone installs are the hx40 67mm wheel. I would just keep the compressor as small as possible to still being able to handle the load unless you are not concerned with response and just want all out power. If you want a better compressor wheel you could just go to a billet 60mm wheel that will work better than the stock one.

#5 ·
Anyone have any experience running a calibrated power stealth 64 or any drop in style turbo for a 06 Cummins in a large compound set up? I’ve had it paired to a s488 but with basically stock fuel waiting to get injectors in. Finally ready to move forward with the fuel system, picked up a good deal on some 200%s and a 12mm cp3 but have some concerns how the small turbo will handle it. Any input is appreciated thank you.
[/QU
I have same turbo on 04.5. If it's a stealth 64 the turbine is 65mm and 9cm housing. I wanted to compound with it but exhaust side way to restrictive on it imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.