Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a set of Hella 550 driving lights in my 2007 3500. To trigger the relays for the lights I took the feed off the left highbeam wire (white with green tracer, if I remember correctly. Everything works great except that the lights come on with the Daytime Running Lights! :banghead: Didn't realize that the DRL uses the highbeams. Argh!

Any suggestions as to where I can take a feed to trigger the relays when the highbeams come on without having the DRL doing the same? :confused013:

Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
You will have to tap into the highbeam wire in the dash (where it comes off the switch) I dont know what wire it is but thats how I had to do it on my Sunfire when I added lights to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll have to try and figure out which wire it is. I just hope the DRL doesn't backfeed to the switch!

Anyone have an idea which wire it is?

·
Registered
843 Posts
it doesnt feed back, that much I can confirm. There is a relay somewhere in the system for it. If not your highbeam light in dash would be on all the time (found this out when I accidently bypassed the relay)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll tear into things in the column when I get a chance. Stay safe over there. I've got a bunch of buddies in the Canadian Forces, both in the air and on the ground that are currently there.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think Canadians are only ISAF group not on this FOB, Well no Marines either but we not complaining :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, took the lower dash and column apart. Tried to find the wire that controls the highbeams and had no luck. Argh! Anyone have any idea which wire I can tap into?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts