Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys this stupid woman needs help. What is the easiest way to change a carrier bearing on 3500 4x4 dually? Shudder starts just before stopping and is gone before stopped completely. Checked U joints and they seem ok replaced less that a year ago. Anything else it could be?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ok guys this stupid woman needs help.
great first post ... you get lots of help that way huh :lol3:
Maybe take it to a mechanic that knows what he's doing? good luck.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
i'll bet she's referring to her self, anyhow they are difficult to change without the right tools and or equipment

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts
Ok guys this stupid woman needs help. What is the easiest way to change a carrier bearing on 3500 4x4 dually? Shudder starts just before stopping and is gone before stopped completely. Checked U joints and they seem ok replaced less that a year ago. Anything else it could be?
:welcome: A seizing u-joint will cause that. But your carrier bearing could be at fault as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
138 Posts
Check And See If There Is Any Play At The Carrier Bearing.if The Truck Is Lifted You Might Need To Drop The Bearing.

·
Registered
845 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Right on B B RAM . THAY ARE GOOD FOR SEIZED UJOINTS JUST WENT THROUGH THAT WITH MINE GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Would it help to lift the truck completely off the ground and then run through the gears and come to a stop while you or someone is looking at it. That way you might be able to see if something is wobbling like the carrier bearing or U-Joint.

Granted, if truck is lifted, make some spaces to lower the carrier bearing down. That happened on my 1st gen when I pt a 4" lift on. Fixed it right up lowering it down some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts