Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed driving to work today, my drivers front seat feels loose. If I accelerate hard or brake hard the seat will rock forward or backwards about 1/4" or so. I took a quick look under the seat and couldn't see or feel anything loose. Anybody else have experience with this? Hoping its an easy fix.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,383 Posts
Mine is the same way.....:frown2:...In my case, the wiggle seems to be in the hinge/pivots for the seat back. The seat base bolts are tight and there doesn't seem to be any slop in the sliding track assembly for the seat cushion.... I tried to get the dealer to look at it and of course, they couldn't duplicate it.....

Sam

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check the bolts but it didn't feel like the wiggle was coming from the mounting points but more in the cushion area.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bolts seem tight, movement is coming from the frame itself where it mounts to the slider mechanism. Looks like there are mounting pins in the frame with plastic bushings that are worn giving some play to the whole seat. Only way to repair would be the replace the lower portion of the seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe Ill use this as an excuse to upgrade to Laramie seats!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yup. Had mine replaced early (like 10,000 miles).
I"m at 114k, and it's starting "creaking" occasionally. I know I'm on borrowed time again. Kinda weird. I'm not a particularly heavy guy (under 200#). Can't figure out why the seat frame itself seems to be weaker than I would expect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts