Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to find out the easiest way to get my rear drive shaft out. i can unbolt the whole carrier from the truck or i can unbolt the shaft from the carrier. which is the easiest way to do this.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
take the whole thing down. 4 bolts on the rearend and then I think there is 2 to drop it.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
I just reread your post and am a bit confused. You undo the bolts that hold it the rearend. if no steady bearing then just pull it out of the tranny. There will be a small amount of oil that will come out of tranny, more if your pointed uphill.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yae the carrier in the middle take out 2 bolts to drop the shaft, or four bolts to drop the whole carrier from the cross member.

·
Cummins Whisperer
796 Posts
I've had mine out and it seemed easier to pull the 4 bolts than to try to get to the 2 inside the bracket. Maybe an air ratchet could get in there.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i was thinkin. thanks alot guys. ill post pics of thwe old u joint tomarow,to much giggle juice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts