Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone has thought about what could be made cooler with a Cummins or else this forum wouldn't be on here lol. so lets hear em! a few of mine:

-any year Ramcharger with a 1st gen. Auto or probably 5-speed would be my choice (could be one of the easiest swaps due to the similarities of the 1st gen. pickups)

-old ('56 or '57) Chrysler 300 or something else classic like those big ol' boats

-probably too small to fit a 6bt but maybe a 4bt in one the old cab-over dodge trucks (A100 I think?) can anyone say possible Cummins wheel-stander?!

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Heres mine Cummins 4BTAA 16v head, p-pumped,possibly twins, 5 speed stick, in a 94 dodge 1500 4wd lifted extended cad short bed. Its going to happen someday.

I know this is not a cummins but another one is to put a Komatsu 125 in a truck.Dont know what it is a very big engine. Doubt it will ever happen though.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
im driving mine right now, my second would be a 64 lincoln continental with a 4bt or something....it would be badass!

·
Banned
678 Posts
Cummins 4bt in my 97' landrover defender90 with auto trans, and a 3-speed stak t-case

also a cummins 4bt in my 1992 rangerover classic with auto,stak t-case and rockwells f&r

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
They all sound good.

I know there are more people that would love to put a cummins in something around here.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,271 Posts
I did it to mine, I just can't seem to get rid of my ford. But hey, 20 MPG, gotta love that.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I don't understand the 4BT man-crunches... Bunch of fanboys want to put a 4BT in anything that moves... Grumble grumble I'm upset grumble grumble...

·
Registered
146 Posts
put a 4bt in a bmw, slap some on some VVT twins, a 7sp tranny. push 850hp, be able to take off like a rocket and go 200+. only in my wildest dreams. well... that is my only dream i dream every night.

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
I'm gonna try and build a tricked out 4BT and put it in a Shelby Cobra kit car one day, have dual 5 inch exhaust on each side, be pretty sweet i think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wanted to convert my 88 4runner with a small Cummins, but instead I sold it to focus (ie: spend) on the big toy!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
mid 90's f350 crew cab dually, 98 6bt, studded and o-ringed, home ground plate and slid forward, twins!, injectors of course, star wheel cranked etc. with a built allison trans! or a 77 jeep wagoneer with a 4bt, 5-speed manual with a full exco cage! 6-inch lift 33's

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am doing mine right now, but once that isdone I would love to put a 4BT in my 77 Bronco! That would be a great daily driver.

·
Banned
678 Posts
I wanted to convert my 88 4runner with a small Cummins, but instead I sold it to focus (ie: spend) on the big toy!
buddy of mine got a diesel out of a toyota 4runner overseasd and had it shipped over to put in his 4runner.

The 4bt is all that would ever fit in a rover, a 350small block can barely fit

·
Registered
95 Posts
Old thread, I know, but here are my two dream swaps that will happen. When is another story...

Conversion 1: 1972-1980 Dodge Crew Cab 4x4 with a 12V P7100 Cummins backed by an ATS-built 47RH with a five disc converter, a twin-stick NP205 transfer case, twin Dana 60s with 4.10 gears, six-inch lift, 35s, and five-inch stacks. It will be green and white with a green interior. Why? Because it will be mine and I like to be different.

Conversion 2: 1974-1980 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 with a 4BTA backed by a 47RH, NP203 transfer case, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear, 3.73 gears, four-inch lift, and 33s. This one will be orange and white with a tan interior. It will be my wife's daily driver, and it will also be used for road trips.

Both will run on B100 home brew and have all the creature comforts such as cold A/C, tilt, cruise, and modern sound systems, yet they will look like factory installations and retain their old-school exterior and interoir appearances. Some day they will be done, but it will likely be later than sooner.

·
Registered
255 Posts
my dream conversion is gona happen as soon as i get a 4bt its a 98 2 door blazzer its gona be cool

·
Registered
167 Posts
My dream conversion would be a Cummins in an old school Power Wagon. :peelout

Guy in my home town

24V Cummins... not sure of any specs or any thing, buddy sent me the pictures

look at the size of box on that thing... thing is HUGE

D

·
0 Posts
Man that thing is sweet! I don't know what my dream conversion is, because I always want to put this in that anyway! LOL

1 - 20 of 111 Posts