·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody running 1?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
They're not worth it, unless you plan on making a huge amount of power. A SO IP will get you plenty of power.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
my buddy is running one with a cam. lots of power but its not really a daily driver now

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have rode in a buddies with one. It was a puller that saw some street duty it ran really well. The one thing I remember about it was that there was always smoke, from a light haze to blacking out the road. He never turned the redline on so I didn't get to "see" what it would do.
If you want I think you could have it very street-able. With twins I think it could clear the smoke and egt's were not out of hand. He had his converter set up a little loose sould it would not lope and kill the truck (.093 tubes).
I would not buy one just because of the price compared to the chance you take. It may run for years or it may run for minutes you just never know IMO. He had really good luck with it and had it for I think around 3 years

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys no about how much hp your buddies have and what turbo they are running?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mine is very streetable as far as the pump goes. I don't know the power, but I am running a S480 single charger.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Do you guys no about how much hp your buddies have and what turbo they are running?
i think it was in the 600hp range with a 2.6 charger, a very very strong puller!

Mine is very streetable as far as the pump goes. I don't know the power, but I am running a S480 single charger.
ive rode in this guys truck....... its no joke!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
A guy I know with one is running 250+HP injectors and a silver bullet at 900hp. Strictly race truck, so I don't know the street manners...

·
Registered
109 Posts
X3 on the squeeze

Who is your buddy? There are only a handful of vp trucks running that kind of horse power and they are all getting there with spray. I'm not saying he is not one of them, but his numbers may be a little high.

Like jake said the guy I know was right around 600, And smokincummins has one he!! of a truck

·
Registered
386 Posts
how reliable are they for a street truck? i need a pump and am looking into a blue chip diesel pump.. any one ran one of them? sorry to hijack the thread.,.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The blue chip and the dragon fire are completely different animals. The Blue Chip pump is built with maximum reliability in mine where the dragon fire is about performance.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i am wanting to put my edge comp back on and probably some 150s and a nice size turbo.. and i would like to buy a injection pump that would do just fine with all of that..i already got guages and a airdog 165 and intake and exhaust

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
An SO pump will be fine up to 650hp. If you plan on going over that you could upgrade or just use nitrous.

·
Registered
386 Posts
but how do you get a new one instead of a rebuilt one or are they crazy expensive.. i basically just wanna make sure i get a really good pump not one that will give out on me in 15,000 miles... sorry if i am being annoying but i would like to get an so pump too because they are cheaper and that means i could get my truck back on the road quicker

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
A new one should go for around $900. Performance companies sell them or you can check out a dealership.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The one I bought was new and updated, but that was 2 years ago too. They go for about $1200 now, it looks like.

$900 is still better than $1800-$2000, that isn't suited to your needs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts