Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track tonight to film a local 24 valve truck running:

Scheid VP44
6x.018" SAC injectors
.093 connector tubes
Box Borg Warner S366/.91 t4 turbo
Edge Comp
Aeromotive lift pump

Best pass of the night was a 13.15 @ 102 MPH.

Here's a slower 13.30 pass I caught on video:

We tried stacking a superchips on with the Edge Comp and it ran slower MPH meaning less HP:

13.31 vs. another 2nd gen 24valve trying to make an experimental turbo (RotoMaster) work, it never wanted to light and could only produce 20 psi.

First run of the night vs. newer 5.0 mustang. The starter didn't understand the concept of staging a turbo diesel and decided to "help out" with the beams. This was likely a mid 13 second pass as the 1.78 60' time didn't jive with any other runs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would think that would be way too much fuel

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This truck runs a mildly upgraded 47re automatic. It was slipping and the truck definitely slowed down as the night progressed and the tranny slipped worse and worse.

The truck was making in excess of 60 lbs of boost, the guage maxes out at 60psi. So yes, it is a lot of fuel, but at the same time, the truck runs fairly clean. Those box Borg S366's with the .91ar housing must flow quite a bit to keep it running that clean.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I find it slow. lol tought it would of been a bitt faster.. I guess my calculation are wrong.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trap speed shows the truck was only putting down about 525 HP average throughout the run. With a slipping transmission, it's really difficult to know for sure how much power the motor was making because the "fusible link" or weakest link in the system is the transmission on this particular truck.

I honestly wouldn't expect over 600-650 HP with the setup, it's difficult to break 650 HP fuel only on a VP44 powered truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.