Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my truck it had a Dr Performance Chip on it. My Question is can this be stacked with a smarty. I ask because I just got a S-03 so I just pulled the fuses to the DR. So I could check out the smarty. I have pulled the fuses before to see if there was a power differance (DR to Stock) and the gains were towards the top end not much on the bottom. I know nothing about Dr Performance so any insight would be much appreciated

·
Registered
634 Posts
My understanding is the Dr.p just adds fuel or increases the pressure from the ip. So I don't see any reason y u couldn't stack the smarty. U could always call an see what they say

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried e-mailing them no response yet thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ya who knows. I know theyjust moved an their tech guy rolled his truck an broke his back. But I think he just got back to work. I had mine stacked with my ts mvp for a while with no problems.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had Dr P box stacked with most of the timing boxes(TS MVP, Edge EZ, Quad XZT+) out there and loved it. I am sure it would be an awesome stack. I know that the Dr P box is a fuel only box that is easy to stack with. It is worth 90hp but you can send it to them and get it re-flashed to 120hp. If you stack it with timing you will get great low end response and good top end. I sold these chips for a couple of years but selling chips got pretty hard for a while. If you have more questions call or text me (325)330-1118 my name is Brett

Reactions: RaptorKing3

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do they make a Dr Performance box for my 2000?

·
Registered
634 Posts
ya they make them for every year
well after 98.5 that is.

I have one I might sell u by the way, pm me if u want.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does it do boost fooling?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes it does boost fooling. You can call Dr Performance at (877)338-7373. You can ask for the 120hp box if you want. The main box they offer to the public is 90hp. They are GREAT boxes I loved them. I hate that I traded mine off even though I got a great deal(Edge Comp and Cash).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the info I am going to test it out when I get back into town.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I need the instructions on how to install a stage 3 on a 02. My boss gave it to me used with no instructions and he don't know how to install it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need the instructions on how to install a stage 3 on a 02. My boss gave it to me used with no instructions and he don't know how to install it.
1st...tap the vp pump wire with the white wire with the red trace on it, hopefully he gave you the little red posi-tap for that part.

2nd....next unhook the map senor that's about 6 inches back from the pump on the side of the block. just hook the dr. performance into map harness. and plug it back to the sensor.

3rd....the red fused wire is +12 volt and hooks strait to the battery

4th...the black wire is the ground

5th.... the yellow wire is for a optional on/off switch to disable the box but i did not hook mine to a switch..... it is a great fuel box you will like it:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
How u hook the on off switch up?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
What's the orange wire for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
the directions suck on that part that's why i did not put a switch on mine. it just says hook it to a two pole switch but it does not state if you need a hot or a ground on the switch. i figure its a hot but i have not heard back from the tech support. if anyone can answer that question i would like to know also.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
It b a great passing box. Keep off to have milage and flip a switch and burn there

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's the orange wire for?
this is strait off my directions.....
the orange wire is for optional EGT module that can turn the module off with preset temp. limits. direction for this wire will be supplied with other devices if used.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Ok thank you

·
Registered
407 Posts
to do the 2 pole switch ground on wire and hook the other to yellow wire.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
So u turn a ground on and off on the switch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts