Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello al! New to the forum here. Get place to fine info. Well I have been reading on here for months now and i am still confused about this whole dpf stuff. I'm limited on funds right now from buying my new black beauty and i'm wanting to delete the dpf. The truck is a 2007 6.7 3500 dually. I want to just get this dpf off for as little as possible until i get the money to do it right. The way I want to go about it is straight piping to the muffler and use homemade simms. The simms is where i'm stumped. I read the dpf/egr budget post but still don't understand it. I'm not really sure how many simms i need to make. Do i need simms for the egr and the pressure sensor? What do i do with the pressure tubes (metal tubes) going into the exhaust? I am kinda anal when it comes to doing stuff like this i like to make it look real clean. And lastly do i HAVE to block off the egr or should i just unplug it. Any help would be great. Its too bad the gov is trying to destroy such a great motor.

·
THE OX
821 Posts
Hello al! New to the forum here. Get place to fine info. Well I have been reading on here for months now and i am still confused about this whole dpf stuff. I'm limited on funds right now from buying my new black beauty and i'm wanting to delete the dpf. The truck is a 2007 6.7 3500 dually. I want to just get this dpf off for as little as possible until i get the money to do it right. The way I want to go about it is straight piping to the muffler and use homemade simms. The simms is where i'm stumped. I read the dpf/egr budget post but still don't understand it. I'm not really sure how many simms i need to make. Do i need simms for the egr and the pressure sensor? What do i do with the pressure tubes (metal tubes) going into the exhaust? I am kinda anal when it comes to doing stuff like this i like to make it look real clean. And lastly do i HAVE to block off the egr or should i just unplug it. Any help would be great. Its too bad the gov is trying to destroy such a great motor.

Probably the best thing to do is order the sims from here they are like $25.
Rollin Smoke Diesel. 6.7L EGT Sims

You would have to wait till they come back in stock cause they are out of order right now. Or you can probably find them other places.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sims

Just follow directions in the DIY sticky, in the tech articles. Local Radio Shack should have all the resistors. Ends up being around $12. I have made 3 sets for about $26.00. Real easy to do. :party018:

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well i think i have it figured out. i'm going to take the connectors off and splice the resistor inbetween and seal it back up. What do I do with the probe that goes into the exhaust pipe? Cut it off and tape the end or just let it hang? And also what do i do with the O2 sensors? the picture shows that you don't need the first one. It wouldn't bother me if i had to put two bungs in for both O2 sensors.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just thought of something else. Why can't you just cut the probe off and twist the two wires together? Isn't that pretty much what you are doing with the resistors? Making a whole circuit...

On another note... the 330 resistors i got don't match the one in the picture. I can't find any like that one. Is that ok? It's 330 ohm 1/2 watt

·
Diesel Filled Veins!
5,401 Posts
Just thought of something else. Why can't you just cut the probe off and twist the two wires together? Isn't that pretty much what you are doing with the resistors? Making a whole circuit...

On another note... the 330 resistors i got don't match the one in the picture. I can't find any like that one. Is that ok? It's 330 ohm 1/2 watt
That will be fine as long as it's the correct resistance. No you can't just splice the ends together as the resistance would then be zero and you'd get a bad reading for that sensor.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You are on the right track. Cut off the probes but solder in the 330 ohm resistors in their place...use heat shrink tube over the ends to seal them up and they should work for ever. 1/2 watt resistors will work well. You can make your own pressure sensor sim also.

Good luck with your mods!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts