Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any power adders that I can run with the dpf? I know its probably been talked about a ton so :S: but I just want a little more power for my daily driver and trailer puller.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Hypertech Maxx and it hasn't caused any problems so far. Better power and mileage and it is suppose to be one of the safer ones out there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks catram. Can you feel a good power diff from the denim dyno?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Guys seem to be running the MP-8 and or Extreme Power Puck without issues. They are both pretty much the same thing. 3 power settings with a dash mounted knob. Stock, 50 hp, and 90/100 hp. You can leave it in stock for day to day driving and then turn it up for towing and or fun runs. I'm in the same boat, looking for something to run with the DPF. Most folks will just tell you to do the deletes though.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
ive got a superchips 3808 forsale, goint with the xrt, 250 shipped ,just for you

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would go with the Hypertech Max Energy, the TS Performance MP-8, or the Diablo Sport Extreme Power Puck. All three of them seem to do well on otherwise stock trucks.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Upgrading later

I'm going to keep my truck stock until the warranty runs out, but I want to purchase a chip/programmer that will cover all my problems once I do the deletes. Which one works well with all the crap on, but will allow me to upgrade later? I don't want to buy another chip/programmer later!

Thanks,

Schmidty

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Guys seem to be running the MP-8 and or Extreme Power Puck without issues. They are both pretty much the same thing. 3 power settings with a dash mounted knob. Stock, 50 hp, and 90/100 hp. You can leave it in stock for day to day driving and then turn it up for towing and or fun runs. I'm in the same boat, looking for something to run with the DPF. Most folks will just tell you to do the deletes though.
On the 6.7 ltrs the mp-8 or the epp is adjustable from 0% to 100%. No exact settings.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I got the MP-8 and am completely stock, except for the CAI. It runs great, lots more power and little better fuel mileage as well. Dealer won't be able to see that you're running it if you take it off before you bring it in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm going to keep my truck stock until the warranty runs out, but I want to purchase a chip/programmer that will cover all my problems once I do the deletes. Which one works well with all the crap on, but will allow me to upgrade later? I don't want to buy another chip/programmer later!

Thanks,

Schmidty
I am thinking the same thing as well.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts