Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used these kit's,if so are the any good,I'm looking to delete the DPF and maybe gain some miliage,plus I've allready replaced the turbo due to the p2262 code that I got 15 times in the first 15,000 mi.I now have 28,600 with out a problem(knock-on-wood)any info. that anyone can give me will be great.Thanks Todd.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just put dpf-r on mine thursday and I love it and there is a mpg increse just towed 9500 lb camper up to gettysburg p.a from n.virginia and got 11.6 done by hand 275 miles on just over 1/2 tank about 70 miles of that with camper most up hill the rest stop and go in town before the dpf-r is was about 10 mpg around town and to work and that was empty

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
It does't play nice with the edge, but other than that it's a good product.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I have had great luck with mine. It simply does what it says it will do. You do have to key cycle to reset the DPF counters.

It will not allow the Edge/Attitude monitor to work properly with it connected to the pass through. I just leave the DPF-R unplugged in the door pocket and once a tank I plug it in and key cycle it to reset the timers. I can make it a full tank with out Regen this way. IF you have your EGR unplugged it will also clear that code with out having any other code clearer but you have to key cycle 10 seconds or so every time you start it.

I have the DPF-R electronics available if someone wants them. I do not have the delete pipe section but that can be made easy. I am ordering up a smarty.

If your interested in the Electronics send me a PM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
and I forget the new dpf-r will clear the egr code now on start up so it will fall off mine next man I love this thing

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have had great luck with mine. It simply does what it says it will do. You do have to key cycle to reset the DPF counters.

It will not allow the Edge/Attitude monitor to work properly with it connected to the pass through. I just leave the DPF-R unplugged in the door pocket and once a tank I plug it in and key cycle it to reset the timers. I can make it a full tank with out Regen this way. IF you have your EGR unplugged it will also clear that code with out having any other code clearer but you have to key cycle 10 seconds or so every time you start it.

I have the DPF-R electronics available if someone wants them. I do not have the delete pipe section but that can be made easy. I am ordering up a smarty.

If your interested in the Electronics send me a PM.
What do you mean by key cycle? The three key switch to on like the video shown in the tech forum?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I think he is referring to the clear codes wait that we do with programmers and such. I turn on my key before I climb in. By the time I'm seated, all clear and ready to start. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think he is referring to the clear codes wait that we do with programmers and such. I turn on my key before I climb in. By the time I'm seated, all clear and ready to start. :thumbsup:
Oh, does the Edge Juice/ att reset the dpf counters?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone I'm going to order it this week.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Yep! Sorry I mean when you get in the truck you have to turn the key on and wait 10 + seconds prior to starting the truck.

I have the kit #DD30 which is all of the electronic modules without the pipe section that I would sell for $375 shipped to anyone in the states. It is in perfect condition.

Sorry I know it's not the classifieds.......:lol4:

No the Edge/Attitude does not reset the DPF timers!

Let me know if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was thinking about installing the DPF-r 3.0 kit and downpipe on my 08, I also had to replace the turbo around 15000 miles due to the P2262 code. I had heard that if I install the kit it will decrease EGTs is that true?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
im interested in the electronics that are for sale... please pm me.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I was thinking about installing the DPF-r 3.0 kit and downpipe on my 08, I also had to replace the turbo around 15000 miles due to the P2262 code. I had heard that if I install the kit it will decrease EGTs is that true?
Yes, it will definitely reduce your EGT's. I suggest getting the DPF-R electronics and the Flo-Pro 835 which will delete the DPF and DOC. This will give you a restriction free exhaust system, code free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok I will give it a try. I also have lost mpg's since I had installed my Bully Dog PMT, any info why this is happening?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts