Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the DPF-R kit but was wondering if there is a sim that will replace the entire pressure sensor harness so nothing has to run from the sensor box under the truck up into the engine compartment. The reason being is to eliminate any evidence of a delete for an eventual smog check w/ visual inspection. I have a second DPF/NOx setup that I'm hollowing out for a "stealth" delete pipe that will take the place of my H&S pipe I currently have. Any ideas? Gracias...SC

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
If you just plug in a fooler up by the sensor, you should have no issue. Do you really think these guys want to climb under your truck to look at every connector? They MAY bend over to see the Cans under there. Most will use the mirror to see those major components are in place. The one that is easy to visibly see is of course the EGR. It is sitting right up front. That's why I haven't messed with a full EGR delete. Too much work to restore it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a harness that goes from the sensor all the way into the engine compartment and plugs in between another set of plugs for the EBP sensors on the left side front of the engine. That's what I'm trying to eliminate...SC

Attachments

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Oh, that harness. I've been wanting to get my hands on one to do some measurements. It seems like that harness is attempting to use the signal from the Exhaust pressure to drive the Differential pressure sensor as well. I guess in hopes of making the ECM happy by giving it a dynamic signal. I'll bet you can use the 110/390 fooler, down by the trans as well.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
i am assuming that deleting the two back filter and leaving the cat past the turbo will work, hollowing out a second kit should work, the software turns the probes off and advises all clear. what programmer has the best bang for the buck?? i am happy with performace, just looking to improve my 15 mpg.??

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Welcome smitti.

There are so many things to take into account to "just improve my 15mpg."

To be honest, it rarely just stops there. :w:

To simply do the deletes and clean things up take a look at the DIY link in my signature. Then move up to the 6.7L tech articles section for additional stuff.

The first free mod you can do to improve your mpg is to unplug the EGR. Then do the stealth DPF & NOx cans with sims.
My experience has been that netted the biggest gain in fuel economy of all. After that my mods have just added more power. Which has been helpful in towing etc.

Oh, just noticed you are a 2011. I'm not fully up on what changes they have made that may effect the results from our established mods.

I think at this time only the H&S tuner is available for the 2011.
When the software is out I suggest the Smarty Jr for low cost and simple, clean power.
I can pass our local smog test with my smarty & stealth setup.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Oh, that harness. I've been wanting to get my hands on one to do some measurements. It seems like that harness is attempting to use the signal from the Exhaust pressure to drive the Differential pressure sensor as well. I guess in hopes of making the ECM happy by giving it a dynamic signal. I'll bet you can use the 110/390 fooler, down by the trans as well.
I've got one, do you want it?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I've got one, do you want it?
I no longer have a use for it other than for academic curiousity.
I'll pay for the shipping if you want to get rid of it. I'll figure it out and post upwhat the harness does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts