Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am been visiting this site for some time and decided to join today to share some information just e-mailed to me from Cummins. I joined a Cummins mailing awhile back list and today they sent out a article talking about the Operating Tips for the DPF. This article finally sheds some more light on the DPF warning messages we may see on our overhead console. I found this article useful and wanted to share it with anyone who may be interested: Turbo Diesel

·
Registered
992 Posts
i think the whole emission thing is gay, they are overbuilding things to try and meet these unreachable standards of emissions. Its not the diesels that are polluting...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
pretty sad when they build a system that in order for it to work right you have to teach everyone how to drive them correctly. I know it is the EPA applying the standards but if this is what it takes then the auto manufacturers need to speak up and say it cannot be done and re-adjust standards.

·
Registered
190 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
44 Posts
its april 22 08 today and its still -5C @ 1:00MST. In Alberta Canada. Its snowed 2ft. in the last 48hrs. My new 08 5500 6.7L(on its way) is going to idle in the day time(oilpatch welding truck) My 02 5.9L H.O. has no problem with it, no dpf.

F*$%! this is going to be a pain in the A$$!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Couple of interesting things such as it taking hours of idling to begin plugging up and a couple days to go from 80 to 90 percent full. Actually I've never had a problem with my DPF and I like the clean tailpipe and no smoke. I wish they could fix the CEL's though.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wish they could fix the CEL's though.
I know, I just fired off a not-so-nice email to the Dodge Customer Assistance line about my displeasure over the CELs. I love getting in my truck every day and having that light come on and the resulting "ding" to remind me of the poor decision I made to buy this thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts