1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Keep rpm's below 2000, tops 65mph

2. Idle for no more than 5 min

3. Use tow/haul during regen :thumbsup

With my dpf on I get 18.5, when I go into regen it knocks it down to 16.0. then back to 18.5

I have not reset my overhead for 3,000 mi. WARM WEATHER ALSO HELPS:lol3:

I will be tacking my dpf/egr back off friday... then some real #'s :woot:

·
Banned
706 Posts
I got the 6 speed standard and my mileage at 65-68 MPH (1800-1900) is 16 w/o regen and 13 with regen. darn you!!!!! LOL:CRY:

·
Registered
619 Posts

With my dpf on I get 18.5, when I go into regen it knocks it down to 16.0. then back to 18.5

I have not reset my overhead for 3,000 mi. WARM WEATHER ALSO HELPS:lol3:

I will be tacking my dpf/egr back off friday... then some real #'s :woot:
How do you know if it goes into regen? Still trying to figure mine out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ya I don't know when mine is in regen either. I just took a 3000 MI. trip from Cal. to Montana and going up I was getting about 17/17.5. I had a nice tail wind for a long time. Comming back I hit the same wind, only I was driving into it which took my milage down to 15.5. I was running the speed limit (75) and running with less than 500 lbs in the bed. The last leg of the trip was Reno to Fremont ca. and that tank netted 17.3 all figures are hand calc.
PS the gps showed my speedo to be 1.5 mph fast at 75

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When in regen your engine will idle rough when you put in park, also when you come to a stop you will hear your turbo whine like the e brake is engaged. I have no e brake so I can tell easily. Then when you give it fuel to take off it will sound like your turbo stops. When you hear this reset your overhead mpg and it will read from 8.0-11.0.

Also your exhaust will be extremely hot...1400 degrees so be careful where you park and do not let it idle.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I would not believe the overhead. Driving at 65, RPM at 1450ish the overhead says 27.4 or so. Hand Cal i get around 18 to 19. Driving at 70 to 75 my overhead shows 21 to 23 and i average 16.5 hand cal.

PMT on performance setting
MP8 100% on

·
Registered
80 Posts

Do you use tow/haul with or without ebrake?

:$::$:

·
Registered
80 Posts
With ebrake (exhaust) on it shifts violently in tow/haul. not good on wet days.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I would not believe the overhead. Driving at 65, RPM at 1450ish the overhead says 27.4 or so. Hand Cal i get around 18 to 19. Driving at 70 to 75 my overhead shows 21 to 23 and i average 16.5 hand cal.

MP8 100% on
Yeah mine's about 3 off. It say's 22 and I get 19, when it say's 20 I get 17

·
Registered
383 Posts
note;
the overhead console can't "see" the extra fuel added by the pmt and/or pressure added by the mp8. if it could, so could the ecm, and therefore would throw railpressure codes, back down the fueling/ cut fueling, etc

·
Registered
717 Posts
Im glad I dont have to worry about regen!

·
Registered
152 Posts
When in regen your engine will idle rough when you put in park, also when you come to a stop you will hear your turbo whine like the e brake is engaged. I have no e brake so I can tell easily. Then when you give it fuel to take off it will sound like your turbo stops. When you hear this reset your overhead mpg and it will read from 8.0-11.0.

Also your exhaust will be extremely hot...1400 degrees so be careful where you park and do not let it idle.
Mine doesn't idle rough in regen. If you have an EGT gauge you can tell when you are in regen because your temp will be 300-400 degrees higher than whatever temp you normally run in that condition. So if running at 65 mph on cruise on flat land you normally run 700 degrees EGT, you will see the temp go up to 1100-1200 when in regen. When you see that happen, watch your overhead mpg start to drop. When regen ends and you see the temps drop, then the mpg will start to climb back up.

Some of the various after market monitors you can buy will also tell you when you are in regen

·
Registered
61 Posts
Damn, this forum rocks. I could never figure out how to tell if it was regenerating, and I also wondered why the hell my eb would mystically engage.

Thanks!

·
Diesel Jedi
246 Posts
The edge juice w/ attitude says " ON " in the regen box. and my egt's go up to 1350 on both guages. Thats how I know.I have been experimenting with mileage on level one( only had it 3 weeks ) and have seen approx. a 1 mpg increase, hand calc. Will try the other levels in the next few months.

·
Registered
884 Posts

MP8 100% on
I hear that, my overhead said 26 at 75 today with the PMT on extreme and I have the G56, so thats around 2200rpm. I havent hand calc'd yet, I'm still giving rides and having to put the truck in extreme to do so, but I imagine around 20 on the highway is possible if the cruise is set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts