Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oko i have a brand new 08 now after haveing a 24v for so long and ive been looking around to do a dpf on it but dont want to brake the bank when i do get one whats some good ones????

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
The brand new H&S XRT delete kits. They are the only kits on the market that offer 100% code free dpf and egr deletes. The XRT tuner also gives you an additional 60 or 120 hp tune that you can load. Bigger tunes will be available this summer.

You can also use an older style H&S dpf delete kit. It is less expensive than the XRT kits but it causes your check engine light to stay on all the time unless you clear the codes that it throws. You would need a tuner like the Edge Juice in order to automatically clear the codes and keep the light off. By the time you add a Juice to the price of the dpf kit, you are almost at the price of the XRT DPF kit.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
oko i have a brand new 08 now after haveing a 24v for so long and ive been looking around to do a dpf on it but dont want to brake the bank when i do get one whats some good ones????

Well I don't know what breaking the bank is for you.
Here is a link to Rollin Smoke Diesel, talk to James he will take care of you.
Rollin Smoke Diesel. 6.7L Dodge Basic DPF Delete Kits

Now if you want a full kit you also need to get the XRT tuner and you can have a code free delete to include your EGR.
Rollin Smoke Diesel. Rollin Smoke Diesel XRT / 5" Exhaust Package

That is what I am running and the power is just amazing compaired to a 24V 5.9 truck.

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Call James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel...

He hooked me up with a new H&S XRT & 5" TBE for an incredible price!

If you're gonna do a delete, go ahead and get the XRT tuner, Shibby complete EGR delete, and AFE CAI (Cold Air Intake)...

He'll hook you up if you get a package deal...plus from doing all of that to mine my fuel mileage has gone up from 10 MPG's...to 15 MPG's!!!

It's WELL worth every penny...plus the XRT has a 120 RWHP tune (that's what mine stays on).

Go check out his website...

Here's the link for his 5" TBE + XRT tuner combo...it's: Rollin Smoke Diesel. Rollin Smoke Diesel XRT / 5" Exhaust Package

Be sure and tell him that Austin sent you!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so that runs pretty good that isnt bad for some of the other prices i have seen thanks

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
so that runs pretty good that isnt bad for some of the other prices i have seen thanks
Yes it runs really good. Right now it has 2 tunes for no DPF- 60HP & 120HP. In a month they will have a 175HP & then after that a 225HP tune. They are also going to have a digital gauge setup soon. It will be a monitor like the Edge Insight or the Dashawk.

If your not wanting any power you can also just run code free with no power upgrade. Now if you go just a DPF delete like Kevin was talking about then you need a Edge Juice w/Attitude or a BullyDog PMT to clear codes on startup.

THe XRT is the only tuner right now that is code free but Smarty is going to come out with one but we don't have a firm date as to when yet. And because it isn't out yet we can't be 100% sure what it will and won't do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts