Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here at shop installing the BADP 5" DPF delete. We cant get one of the EGT sensors out. We have totaly burger it. We have ordered new sensors from Dodge, but they wont be here until Tuesday.

If I use heat to take it out:
1. Will it destroy the sensor and not beable to install it until Tuesday?
2. Can I just plug that hole with a bolt until Tuesday and drive the vehicle?

What can I do??? I'm a 100 miles from home and the shop kinda doesnt know what to do now since this is so new to them

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I just used vise grips on the one sensor that didnt wont to come out. Put the vise grips on and turn the sensor back and forth as you turn it out. Also spray lots of monkey piss on the sensor to loosen it up.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would sugest that you keep trying to get it out.... lots of lube and a pair of vise grips should do!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. Were going to try to use a little heat. Its the probe closest to the CAT.
Man this is what I was afraid of, but I know it will be worth it. The down pipe is on, so the rest should go pretty quick after we get the proble out.

Do you think I will be able to atleast drive it home with the old probes until the new ones come in Tuesday?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I'm here at shop installing the BADP 5" DPF delete. We cant get one of the EGT sensors out. We have totaly burger it. We have ordered new sensors from Dodge, but they wont be here until Tuesday.

If I use heat to take it out:
1. Will it destroy the sensor and not beable to install it until Tuesday?
2. Can I just plug that hole with a bolt until Tuesday and drive the vehicle?

What can I do??? I'm a 100 miles from home and the shop kinda doesnt know what to do now since this is so new to them
Get a heat gun and heat the pipe bung area and it will come out easy. :thumbsup

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like the threads are coming out with it...yikes

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Heat, lube, and a little back and forth motion

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it out! It should beable to last until the new ones come in. The flang on the down pipe is not as tight as we would like it. But all in all we should be able to get it together enough to get me home.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hell all i used was a cresent wrench on mine. Left the exhaust a little warm and used a little elbow grease. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got everyone but one out with no problems. The install is complete and it sounds awesome. I ordered new probes from Dodge, but so far its running. No soot around any of the pipes that I can see, so it must be on ok.

I apperciate everyones help and the BADP kit was well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
So BADP's fooler box doesn't come with the egt sensors anymore? Or did you get a different box?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it does, but you have to take out the stock sensors and screw them into the delete pipe, then the fooler box gets pluged into one end of the sensor from the truck and the end to the sensor in the pipe to make a circuit.

Got it done and it runs (knock on wood so far) and sounds great. I even got 2mpg better mileage on my way home, which was a 100 miles of hwy at 72mph.

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I'm glad you got the install wrapped up:thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts