Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine has shown zero for the 3000 miles i've put on it.
Just bought my ‘21 3 months ago and I never see it move off zero, yet it regen s around 1000-ish miles. I understand regen, but it seems excessive and wasteful if there’s no buildup in the DPF. This is my first Cummins (and 2500 for that matter). I’m used to seeing active regen on my ‘16 ecodiesel that I traded in. Not used to seeing this automatically regen when there no reason to.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just bought my ‘21 3 months ago and I never see it move off zero, yet it regen s around 1000-ish miles. I understand regen, but it seems excessive and wasteful if there’s no buildup in the DPF. This is my first Cummins (and 2500 for that matter). I’m used to seeing active regen on my ‘16 ecodiesel that I traded in. Not used to seeing this automatically regen when there no reason to.
Welcome to the forum.

There IS buildup. The gauge just does not work. If you are on that page you will see a message about an ongoing regeneration. If not on that page for you EVIC, you will not see anything. The gauge is worthless. That "page" on the EVIC does tell you one is going on if you are on the page.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There IS buildup. The gauge just does not work. If you are on that page you will see a message about an ongoing regeneration. If not on that page for you EVIC, you will not see anything. The gauge is worthless. That "page" on the EVIC does tell you one is going on if you are on the page.
Yeah it tells me it’s in regen which is a great option. My old one only told me when it was in active regen with % countdown as I burned it down.

I thought it was weird that it never goes up. I do mainly run highway back and forth to work but I have 7k miles and would’ve expected to see SOMETHING at some point.

just seems like a better idea to give the option to turn auto regen off. It’s wasteful if there no DPF buildup.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah it tells me it’s in regen which is a great option. My old one only told me when it was in active regen with % countdown as I burned it down.

I thought it was weird that it never goes up. I do mainly run highway back and forth to work but I have 7k miles and would’ve expected to see SOMETHING at some point.

just seems like a better idea to give the option to turn auto regen off. It’s wasteful if there no DPF buildup.
You're again missing the main issue you present. There IS DPF buildup. You just have no way to measure it as the gauge does not work.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Mine will go up to 1/3 or 1/2 then do a regen and be back down to nothing after
So it should be trying to reference soot load, not ash.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 3500 4-door, SRW 3.73 HO Cummins, Aisin
4 Posts
My gauge never seems to move. This truck pulls an 18K lb. trailer most of the time, except when it is towing a 12K trailer. I have seen it regen once in 8.5K miles. We have filled the def tank 3-4 times.

·
Registered
576 Posts
One time I did see my DEF gauge at about a 1/3rd , like the picture above. It stayed like that for maybe a few days and then I looked and it was back down to nothing.

Never came back, to my knowledge. It just sits on zero.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Funny about this post as I sure did some looking while using the truck yesterday.

Nothing. Zero is the new nothing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts