Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a first time Diesel owner, I am wondering if Diesel's go through the same state Inspection requirement (every year) as gasolene vehicles. If they do, how will the DPF & EGR delete kits in the market affect it? Will the vehicle still be able to pass this inspection? I believe they do an Emissions inspection as a part of the State Inspection - is that correct? Can someone share their knowledge?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
it varies state to state, in anchorage (5 years ago) you had to bring truck in to show them it still had a diesel powerplant to be exempt from their im testing

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Yep, and here in Alabama, we don't test ANY emissions...gas or diesel!

And hopefully (fingers-crossed), that we never will!

Why don't you check out your local vehicle inpection laws on your home-state's webpage???

It should tell you anything you need to know about that type of legal stuff.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I do inspections for Texas. It depends what county you are in as to whether or not it is emissions and safety or just safety only. In Texas, diesels are safety only for all counties. Hopefully it will stay that way but I doubt it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
They haven't had a class on the new emissions equipment for diesel so I suppose we don't check for that stuff. Haven't run into it yet. I asked our DPS technician and she wasn't sure either. I would say don't worry about it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, and here in Alabama, we don't test ANY emissions...gas or diesel!

And hopefully (fingers-crossed), that we never will!

Why don't you check out your local vehicle inpection laws on your home-state's webpage???

It should tell you anything you need to know about that type of legal stuff.
Thanks AMM. Checked the website and Diesel's only need to pass safety no emissions.. I hope it stays that way once I get the delete done...

I guess another question is if the state ever require an emissions test on diesel can these deletes put back on just to pass the test?

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Yes, you can put them back on, so when you remove them, to put your DPF-delete on your truck, DON'T hack-'em up!!! The easiest way to get your factory downpipe off, is to use a transmission jack, to hold up your tranny, while you remove the tranny cross-member, then the downpipe just slides right out!

You won't be able to get it out otherwise, without cutting it up!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Yes, you can put them back on, so when you remove them, to put your DPF-delete on your truck, DON'T hack-'em up!!! The easiest way to get your factory downpipe off, is to use a transmission jack, to hold up your tranny, while you remove the tranny cross-member, then the downpipe just slides right out!

You won't be able to get it out otherwise, without cutting it up!
Thanks. I am sure I will seek someone's help to get this done because I am not so mechanically inclined... :lol3:

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Well that sucks! Hahaha!

I'm just messin with you!

Well, now's a good time to start learning how!

For me it came naturally! I come from a long line of Plow-boys and Mechanics...so we've always been a fix-it-yourself type of family.

And...(in a rare-case scenario) if you can't do it by yourself...you call a relative who can...and they'll stand there and drink beer, and tell you how to do it! Hahaha!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well that sucks! Hahaha!

I'm just messin with you!

Well, now's a good time to start learning how!

For me it came naturally! I come from a long line of Plow-boys and Mechanics...so we've always been a fix-it-yourself type of family.

And...(in a rare-case scenario) if you can't do it by yourself...you call a relative who can...and they'll stand there and drink beer, and tell you how to do it! Hahaha!!!
Believe me I've got some relatives who can stand and drink beer... and know nothing about the car... :lol3:

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Well, I guess I should've re-phrased my previous statement: And...(in a rare-case scenario) if you can't do it by yourself...you call a relative who "SAYS" they can...and they'll stand there and drink beer, and tell you how to do it!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
were can you get one of these kits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts